HI :p

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 11:19 pm
hello i just realized that forum i surfed a little bit and i saw something about Turkey Smile good or bad doesnt matter for me.. i am from turkey but i live in u.s i just wanted to let you know there is a turkish girl at this forum from now on Laughing i am sorry for my language .. i dont know english that good..
hope to see you soon.. bye for now :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,869 • Replies: 21
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 11:26 pm
Hi, Chick, and welcome. The English looks real good, and I'm sure its going to get better. Any questions about language or getting around the site will probably get lots of answers.

Nice avatar, by the way.
0 Replies

Turkish-Chick

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 11:32 pm
thanks for my avatar Mr. Green
i've been here for 5 months so i am trying to improve/learn english Rolling Eyes i felt really happy when you said that "english looks real good" Smile thanks for that too...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 11:37 pm
Hi Turkish-Chick, WELCOME to A2K. I've been here all my life, and I still have problems with the English language. You're doing fine, and as roger said, you'll get better with use. Look forward to seeing you around a2k. We used to live in Naperville many years ago when I worked for Florsheim Shoe Compay at the headquarters building across the street from Union Station. Had my office there. My wife and kids used to drive into Chicago every Sunday to attend church. c.i.
0 Replies

Turkish-Chick

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 11:45 pm
thank you Smile

did you just said you have some problems about english Shocked ? you speak very well i think!!! turkish grammer is so so soo different from english but i will speak well some day : ))

uumm...
i dont know what to write.. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:45 am
Welcome to A2K Turkish-Chick :-D You're english is just fine ;-)
0 Replies

Macrohard

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:49 am
Welocme Turkish chick I'm also a newbie - if you need any help let me know.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:52 am
Welcome to you as well Macrohard.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:53 am
Hello T-C!
Welcome to A2K & greetings from Australia! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 01:01 am
Wow! Welcome TC! I have not met many people from Turkey - this is great. Did you move to the USA recently, or a long time ago? It would be great to hear anything about your life, or Turkey, or whatever, that you would like to tell us.

I am from Australia - so American English sometimes seems strange to me, too!
0 Replies

Turkish-Chick

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 01:02 am
thank you very much guys Smile
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 05:56 am
I'm a little late, but welcome, Turkish Chick! :-D
0 Replies

Turkish-Chick

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 01:27 pm
oh.. no problem jespah : ) thank you too.. i like this forum a lot. people are so friendly.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 03:05 am
Hey Turkish Chick !!! Having live din Istanbul for a short period of time, and travelling there frequently, I think Istanbul is my second favorite city in the world. I have tonnes of friends there, and like nothing better than sitting in a cafe with my friends, sipping Çay from a bardak and chatting and chatting - and switiching over to Rakhi when the sun sets - or just taking a stroll around the blue mosque or the grand bazaar - just inhaling all those wonderful smells of spices and dry fruits and carpets and tobacco, or sitting in my apartment (when I had one) watching the large ships sail by inthe bosphorus....

Hosgeldiniz to A2K - I am sure you will love it here !!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 11:27 am
Yes, Gautam, Istanbul is an amazing place. One of my favorites places in Istanbul is the Topkapi Palace and the treasures and antiquities they hold. ONe can get easily lost in the Grand Bazaar. I enjoyed the spice market close to the Bospherus with barrels full of spices everywhere you look. Our hotel was adjacent to Taksim Square. My brother and his wife joined us for this tour, and we did the Bospherus cruise to a restaurant called the Garaj. The reason I mention this is because when we sat at the table, another couple joined us, so I asked them where they were from. They said, "Lodi," and that's where my brother lives. The guy is a professor, and have been to my brother's ophtholmology office. We all had a good laugh. We had to come half way around the world for them to meet. c.i.
0 Replies

Turkish-Chick

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 06:35 pm
@Guatam

Wow Shocked you know a lot about my country.. I am from Istanbul Smile i miss there so much Embarrassed Tesekkur ederim.. means thank you... if you want something more about turkey (pictures, words.. etc) you can contact with me Smile
0 Replies

Turkish-Chick

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 06:39 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Yes, Gautam, Istanbul is an amazing place. One of my favorites places in Istanbul is the Topkapi Palace and the treasures and antiquities they hold. ONe can get easily lost in the Grand Bazaar. I enjoyed the spice market close to the Bospherus with barrels full of spices everywhere you look. Our hotel was adjacent to Taksim Square. My brother and his wife joined us for this tour, and we did the Bospherus cruise to a restaurant called the Garaj. The reason I mention this is because when we sat at the table, another couple joined us, so I asked them where they were from. They said, "Lodi," and that's where my brother lives. The guy is a professor, and have been to my brother's ophtholmology office. We all had a good laugh. We had to come half way around the world for them to meet. c.i.

same thing for you too... i like that so much 2 people know my country Embarrassed i am really happy to hear that.. topkapi palace (topkapi sarayi) is one of my favorite places in turkey Smile
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 04:32 am
And akmerkez !! I have bought so many things from there !!!!

I wish I could go and live in Istanbul Smile
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:12 am
Welcome to A2k TC I live in a foreign country too, Texas, USA.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 07:01 am
Hi Turkish Chick,

I think your English is fine - you could post any questions on the "English" forum. That way you'll get corrections to use in improving your grammer/word use etc.

I spent a week in Istanbul this January and loved it. I had a weekend sight-seeing and then worked on a project at a company based on the Asian side, near the big shopping mall (whose name I forget). Amazing place, great food and fun!

Welcome to a2k. Kp
0 Replies