Military Training in China

Stevepax

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 01:11 am
roger wrote:
Ceiling fans? You had ceiling fans? We didn't, and Ft Gordon, GA gets mighty hot and humid in the summer.

I was always happy I had my basic training at Ft. Ord, Ca. I was drafted in June. Summer here is cool and foggy, especially at Ft. Ord. It sure beat sweating it out in one of those hot locales!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:17 am
On the other hand, Steve, when I was sent to cold old Germany, in 1965, there were so many sent to those nice warm climes of Southeast Asia.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 05:05 am
Excuse me, Roger and Steve. Were your two's trainings a kind of involuntary stuff?
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 08:31 am
^JB^ wrote:
Excuse me, Roger and Steve. Were your two's trainings a kind of involuntary stuff?

Yea, mine was. They called it "the draft". It was no choice of mine. I had two extremely young children which had "deferred" me, but I made the mistake of getting divorced, so they conscripted me and made me serve 2 years in the army. It was a real challenge paying child support on Army pay.
0 Replies