It's Roberta's birthday!

Letty

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:13 am
Ah, Roberta. A very, very Happy Birthday and when you blow out the candles on your cakes and kittens and cats, don't let the smoke get in your eyes.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 08:30 am
I'm late again. NOBODY TOLD ME !!!
Hope you had a happy, 'Boita. Does this mean you're now old enough to have a drink w/o a fake ID? Good for you!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 08:32 am
Where is the birthday girl anyway? Anybody PM her?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 08:36 am
probally getting her birthday gift. Embarrassed
hehe

Happy happy birthday Roberta. :-)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 08:37 am
Roberta--

The stars--or at least the sequins--assure me that next year will be marvelous.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:11 am
I just sent Roberta a message. Nothing yet.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:12 am
<it's a bit early in the day for her - NY lesson learned>
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:13 am
Have a lovely birthday! (and if I'm a day late, I hope it was a happy one) Smile
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:55 am
BBB
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

to Roberta.

BBB
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 11:31 am
jespah wrote:
... (and if I'm a day late, I hope it was a happy one) Smile

Wouldn't worry 'bout that too much - this thread was started by an Ozian, after all, and we all know they have a warped concept of the calendar; even their seasons are upside down Mr. Green
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 05:44 pm
Hi all you a2kers. Letty sent me a heads up. Thanks, Letty. I've had so much trouble getting in here lately, that I semi gave up. Glad I made it this time. (My computer is older than I am--in computer years.)

Thanks, msolga, for starting this thread.

My birthday was Friday, November 18. I went to Pig Heaven, one of my favorite Chinese restaurants. I had a spring roll, General Tso's chicken, and a Peking snowball (small bit of chocolate cake with mountains of whipped cream on top and little whipped cream snowflakes decorating the plate). I got a candle in the snowball and made my annual wish. I take this wish very seriously and had given lots of thought to what I'd wish for.

Went out to celebrate again today. A Spanish restaurant in Greenwich Village called El Faro. I had veal in white wine sauce. Muy bueno.

Mikey ignored the day. Was it his birthday? No. Then why bother? As far as I can recall, he didn't bite me on the day in question. A celebration of sorts.

Someone asked how old I am. 59.

Someone else wanted to hear about loot. Love that loot. I got some dinero. Six books. And two free meals. So far. I'm celebrating again next weekend. I'm a big kid when it comes to my birthday. I'll celebrate as often as I can. Prolong the day. Love boithdays.

Thanks to each and every one of you for the good wishes.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 05:45 pm
Happy late birthday Roberta!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:14 pm
Roberta and Mikey, a2k was slow as molasses about ten days ago, and slow before that too. Craven and cohorts refurbished the mechanics and it's much more accessible now. Probably wasn't your antique computer - the slowth was happening for most of us here.

Since you are so editorially competent you may not notice, but the editing potential is diminished... one can only edit for the short or long period of time before a next person responds to the post.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:19 pm
(If I have my wits about me, I may be having you be sent some Sjaak's dark chocolate with lemon (etc) cremes before I leave town. We'll see. Don't start with the salivating yet.)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:46 pm
Too late, osso. I already started.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 07:29 pm
My now nonbusiness partner gave me a fancy box of Sjaak's mixed chocolates at some point recently, which reminded me how good they are.. and they arrived at a time I needed the sight of a box of chocolates..
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:40 pm
Hooray, Roberta's found her birthday thread! Very Happy

(Sorry about the time confusion, though. I started it on the 19th which I figured would be the 18th at your end.)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 01:25 am
msolga, I'm happy to be remembered. And from halfway around the world, you were close enough. Sorry I wasn't here to respond.

Thanks, osso, for letting me know that it wasn't my computer.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 01:30 am
Roberta wrote:
msolga, I'm happy to be remembered. And from halfway around the world, you were close enough. Sorry I wasn't here to respond.

As if we could forget you, possum!!!!! Very Happy Impossible!

(which reminds me: You remember that hilarious Jewish thread, Roberta? Any chance of a revival, perhaps? <hint, hint!> One of the most hilarious & entertaining threads I've come across here! Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 06:29:54