Typewriter Repairman!!

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 10:15 pm
I wanna become a typewriter repairman! You know, get the big bucks Cool

Sounds great doesn't it? Yea but people tell me there's not much need for typewriter repairmen these days Confused ...I'm not sure why...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 528 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Don1

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 02:03 am
Why use a typewriter when you can use microsoft word and printer?
0 Replies

username

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 02:09 am
Hey, this is America! You can be anything you want to be! Live the dream! There just may be a Smith-Corona in your future.
0 Replies

username

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 02:18 am
My parents got me an Olympia when I graduated from high school. I kept saying I wanted a Hermes Rocket--the little light-weight one. The salesman kept saying the Olympia would last a lifetime. The Hermes cost a third as much. They went with the salesman. I hated it. The thing weighed as much as a cement block. It was about as responsive as pounding on a cement block. I've still got the damned thing. I haven't used it in fifteen years. If I never use it again, it'll be too soon. But I can't get rid of it because it was a HS graduation present.

You whippersnapper kids today who've never seen an Underwood have no idea how soft you've got it. In my day we crawled out from under the rock that was all the house our parents could afford and walked fourteen miles each way to school with our bare feet stained black with shoe polish so it would look like we had shoes, through six feet of hard-packed snow with drifts to ten feet, and wolverines snapping at our heels each step of the way, with eighty-pound typewriters strapped to our backs.

You and your word processors, you effete wusses.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 06:30 am
Well, you can be a bicycle repairman, too: http://cycling.finial.com/stuff/mpbicyclerepairman.php
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:37 am
Why not go all the way and become a farrier*?

http://www.appaltree.net/aba/shoes.htm

(*A blacksmith who shoes horses)
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:29 pm
Well, actually, I've always wanted to become a medieval English knight, but I can't find the job opening for some reason...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:20 pm
If I ever open a technology museum, my Underwood will have a place of prominence. Right alongside my TI 99A computer.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 01:01 am
I thought that I would like to start a buggy whip business. I understand that there is a dearth of companies that supply that product.

I think that I could make a fortune, if I put my mind to it! Razz
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 01:43 am
My dream was to be a witchfinder general, but the job centre says Lancashire is not what it used to be. Sad
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 11:50 pm
You know, my first dream was to open a mustache salon...in France.

The mustache business is huge over there, I hear. :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Typewriter Repairman!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 03:38:44