Observation on polls

Dek

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 05:39 am
Ok so I've not been around here very long but it already strikes me that many of the polls that I'd like to vote on are very black and white with the greyer areas getting ignored Confused

As a random example a poll asking "Is there a God?" might have the following options

1. Yes
2. No

It's a bit of a limiting poll Shocked

As a very minimum I'd like a 3rd options

3. I don't know

And in some cases a few more would be good too

1. Yes
2. No
3. I hope there is
4. I don't know

As I said, just an observation (and a little whine Wink )

I just want to join in! Very Happy

DeK
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 690 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 05:49 am
Dek- Well, why don't YOU come up with a poll that contains all the contingencies! Surprised
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 05:57 am
I don't think we need ALL contingencies, just a "don't know" option would be enough, sometimes you don't have an opinion, sometimes you don't know the answer, sometimes you don't agree with the choices offered you.

"I don't know" or more generically "Other" would cover ALL contingencies....

As I said, it was just an observation....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 06:03 am
Dek- I have done a number of polls on A2K, and found that they were so much fun, as well as being very informative. I have answered polls on threads where I have not posted, just so that I could be "counted". I think that they really add to the site!
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 07:01 am
I agree Phoenix and I'd like to be counted too, it's just hard sometimes when there is no option to let me Wink
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 12:12 pm
Dek--

We value your articulate complexity. Perhaps on threads with polls you find limiting, you could explain your untabulated position?

By the by, Phoenix was issuing a challenge--she was cheering you on!

Go for it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Observation on polls
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:30:20