The damn Brits got me again!

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 09:45 pm
I was at the liquor store earlier and decided to try a different beer. I scanned the shelves, looking at the various imported beers, and decided to try Boddingtons Pub Ale.

What a mistake. I opened up a can while I was playing some online poker and took a sip. Nasty. But I figured it might grow on me. I slowly finished the 16 oz. can and it remained shitty to the end.

But when I was going to take my last sip I heard something in the bottom of the can. I shook the can and there was something in it! Something moving around. This caused me a great deal of anxiety. I thought the friggin' Brits put something toxic in there. But then I read the label and there is some device in the can designed to release air or some such nonsense.

I'm going to set the remainder of the four-pack on the curb with a "Free" sign on it.

And I suggest my A2K friends stay away from this product.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 651 • Replies: 18
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 09:51 pm
Hey, I started Boddington's. My full name, edgarblythe boddington wouldn't fit on the can, so I shortened it. Please drink the whole six pack before you make up your mind.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 10:04 pm
it was a moth ball
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 10:16 pm
Gus, just send them my way.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 02:44 am
Quote:
But I figured it might grow on me..

It's beer, not genital warts, for frig's sake!

Yeah, they do that. Put that thing with nitrogen in there to keep it fizzy. It goes in imported cans of Guiness too. That's OK, by me - but the damn stuff is woefully underproof*, you have to find the genuine Guiness at 6% to get a serious buzz on the stuff.

Gus there's a drink for you; 'Old Goatshagger'. Brewed from pine-needles, milled fish waste, pizza cartons and contaminated mine tailings. Strongly reminiscent of caramel and acetone, banned in at least 87 of countries that actually care about human life.

*see earlier rants about the relative values of hi-alcohol beers and their consumption.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 03:26 am
i hear ya, gus. tastes like cold stale coffee to me. why would i drink that if i can have fresh hot coffee?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:20 am
Sad

i love boddingtons
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:22 am
http://www.desras.com/images/bodglass.jpg

mmmmm
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:23 am
the secret is to drink it like draft beer not staraight from the can
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 07:35 am
Quote:
Beer Smoothie - Boddington's Pub Ale

By Beer Belly Brew Master Rob Lieblein
source
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 08:13 am
Being a Lancashire lad it works for me Walter Very Happy
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 09:08 am
By 'eck lads...it tastes a bit gorgeous to me too!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 12:26 pm
Not long ago, while taking my turn at a stop sign, I found myself confronted by a gentleman holding a sign. I expected that the sign might be ... Will Work For Food ... I had seen that often enough, and his appearance certainly suggested the good times had passedÂ… but this sign made some sort of reference to beer ... donations of any amount accepted.

I would have liked to stop and find out what this fellow was about. But of course, I was in a rush, and there was this huge line of cars in front and behind me. As I reached the stop sign, I had the window rolled down and just sort of leaned out a little bit as if to indicate my predicament ... whereupon ... this "fellow" thrust ¾ of a four pack into my hand ... without so much as a glance to see if there would be anything coming back in return.

Should I drink this beer from the side of the road?

Of course, dear reader, you are thinking to yourself, "Nobody in their right mind would drink a beer they found on the side of the road". If that's what you were thinking, congratulations because you are smarter than me.

Instead of warm, possibly rancid beer. I got a good taste of something resembling sheep dip. Police say the liquid that sent me to the hospital last Sunday resembles lye.
Lye is a highly concentrated solution of potassium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide. It's often found in commercial drain and oven cleaners.

The kicker is this:
Sergeant Thomas Gabowaski issued a statement to the effect that; there's no evidence suggesting Try was personally targeted having ingested British beer. - You mean there is even a slight chance that someone is out there targeting moron drivers who drink beers they get from the side of the road?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 12:31 pm
Don1 wrote:
Being a Lancashire lad it works for me Walter Very Happy

I don't drink, but if: I would prefer Robinson - because Stockport is Cheshire! :wink:
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 12:41 pm
Walt-

Whd ya wanna tell 'em that fer?If it gets popular in the states Bodds'll put the price up.Let them think it's cat's piss-it's their loss.

Never smarten up a chump-WC Fields.
0 Replies

p larue

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 06:51 pm
We've got nothing on the Brits
Quote:

With a town in Arkansas called Toad Suck??? What the **** is THAT all about?
Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 01:48 pm
Am I wrong...but I thought Boddies (Cream of Manchester) had closed down?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 02:01 pm
Interbrew, the Belgian company which owns the Boddingtons brand, produces Boddies in ... wherever they have free capacities.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 03:19 pm
Bods has no snob value.You pay for the % alcohol plus a cool,creamy lubrication to the arguing muscles.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The damn Brits got me again!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/02/2024 at 08:22:19