Do your remember playing "mystery date"?

Chai

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 12:20 pm
This was just the coolest game ever! However, we made up our own rules.

You know how your mystery date was either some preppie, or a prom date, a beach bum or wrench monkey with his shirt tail hanging out?

We used to think the only "good" one was the mechanic.

He was DANGEROUS man!!!!

http://bedazzled.blogs.com/bedazzled/images/mysterydate.gif
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 882 • Replies: 17
No top replies

panzade

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 12:32 pm
I never got past this game Crying or Very sad

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000DMF6.01.DTLS.LZZZZZZZ.gif
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 12:35 pm
ummm, no

played lots of clue and life and scrabble but never mystery date

i was in a thrift shop the other day and they had someting called "the tv guide game", circa 1975, a trivial pursuit like game testing your knowledge of tv events, i kinda kick myself now for not buying it, i'm curious what the questions were like, and how much stuff i remember from 30 years ago
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 12:43 pm
um, gentleman, this was a game for the girls or guys who were coming to grips with their sexuality.

These guys would play the game with the girls, as they always brought the best snacks.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 12:55 pm
Siiiiiigh, those were the days... a Mystery Date, some Mousetrap followed up with Operation....siiiiiiigh.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 01:04 pm
Operation.....yeah....we never actually played by the rules....just took turns pulling out body parts.

my patients always died, I would take out the heart first thing.

So, who was Your favorite mystery date?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 01:06 pm
Hmm, never heard of that game before.

I mainly played Monopoly, Clue, those type of games....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 01:14 pm
Reyn wrote:
Hmm, never heard of that game before.

I mainly played Monopoly, Clue, those type of games....

Very Happy I have never successfully finished playing a game of monopoly in my life....the thing is, I'm not competitive, so it wasn't any big deal to loose my properties.
Even before I'd lose enough to be out of the game, I'd be bored and say I had to go to the bathroom, then never come back. Wow, was I slick or what?

Clue was cool.

Operation, my God! the power of life or death in your hands!

It was a board with a nekkid guy on it (I think their using homer simpson now) and various holes in the body, shaped like a heart, a bone, a lung, and so forth, with appropriately, a plastic heart, bone or lung place therein.
The whole thing was picking out the organs with a tweezer probvided without touching the sides. If you did, the patients nose lit up red, and a buzzer when off. If you touched the side too often, your patient died.

This is what it sounded like when I played....

EEEEEEEGGGHH, EEEEEEGGGHH, EEEEEEEEEGGHH, EEEEEEGGHH, EEEEEGGHH..... and so on.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 01:53 pm
I do remember playing Mystery Date at a friend's house. My sister and I had a board game called Barbie, Queen of the Prom that was similar. You had to get a dress, and flowers(?), and then you got a date. Ken was the prime choice, of course, but I always preferred Poindexter.

http://www.bggfiles.com/bggimages/pic39974_t.jpg

I loved all board games. Even Monopoly and Risk.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 02:47 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Operation.....yeah....we never actually played by the rules....just took turns pulling out body parts.

my patients always died, I would take out the heart first thing.

So, who was Your favorite mystery date?

I can't honestly say I a favorite M Date; I ended up playing because I was the only boy on a block full of girls. I played house, participated in tea parties, makeup the whole works. It's only thirty five years later I can say I had fears of being a white girl trapped in a black boys body. . I can that situation has since turned around and I look forward to those occasions where I am trapped in... uh, never mind.

Having said all that the Mystery Date music still rings through my ears... OPEN THE DOOR FOR YOU MYSTERY DAAAAAAAAATE...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 03:21 pm
<snicker> Blaise, that explains A LOT!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 03:30 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
....the thing is, I'm not competitive, so it wasn't any big deal to loose my properties.

Chess would not be for you then. Laughing
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 04:12 pm
littlek wrote:
<snicker> Blaise, that explains A LOT!

I'll take that as the compliment I know you meant it to be.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 09:28 pm
<curtsey>

Sorry I keep missing your calls, Blaise.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 12:39 am
YeahYeahYeah.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 10:48 am
Chai,

It is so weird that you posted this thread now. I was just thinking on Friday of starting a similar thread about board games in general and if anyone ever still played them.

We play them! Not Mystery Date anymore (although I loved that game and always wanted the nerd guy cause I knew he would eventually be a Bill Gates type when we "got married" haha! Wildly imaginative kid I was!)

We actually play board games, card games and even do jigsaw puzzles in our house and even did before I got married last week when it was just my daughter and I. I grew up with these things with my own parents, went on to share them with my kids and even over all these years, they have never lost their appeal to me.

I think even if we didn't have our 12 year old now, all of us adults (my new hubby, my daughter and I) would still play. It's just so much more creative and interactive and fun than mindless tv or video games. Hehe...right now my daughter and I are working on a jigsaw puzzle and we just played a game of Canasta the night before last.

Maybe I'm a nerd. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 10:57 am
[quote="BlaiseDaley] It's only thirty five years later I can say I had fears of being a white girl trapped in a black boys body. . I can that situation has since turned around and I look forward to those occasions where I am trapped in... uh, never mind.

[/quote]

Oh MY! Shocked
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 11:02 am
I know, I know...there's a typo, my bad.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do your remember playing "mystery date"?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 02:41:13