Unwind my mind.

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 07:48 pm
How do you unwind your mind when it is in total overdrive?

I am having a real free form angst and I can't seem to drop it.

I spent one day (Wednesday) in my pajamas loafing with Mo. I know, I know. Pajama day sounds nice. Let me tell you: pajama day is not nice. I spent today biking and sitting at the bus stop watching cars and playing in the park and inviting tiny friends over and playing trains and bed bugs and Mr. Mousey and reading and vomiting angst over tiny friend's mother who I'm lucky enough to call my friend and neighbor and otherwise trying to keep my mind involved.

Tomorrow is the twins, Mo's half-sisters, birthday. They'll be two.

They've evaporated into the ether, moved to Saturn or maybe Idaho.

Nobody really knows.

You know what? I'm angry that people just lose track of their kids. And that they only seem to worry whether they still have to pay child support. And that rumor has it that the girls are in an "awkward" situation -- living in a trailer with 10 other people. And there really isn't a damn thing I can do about it.

<sigh>

My mind won't stop churning. I know tomorrow will be worse. I don't have any strong drugs around and couldn't use them if I did because I have responsiblity for a kid whose parent just kind of lost track of him. A kid whose baby sisters are on Saturn or in Idaho. Maybe.

<sigh>

How do you make your mind stop when it just won't quit worrying and wondering why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,758 • Replies: 47
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 07:56 pm
Oof.

I've been wondering about the twins. (See, I have the worrying thing down to the point where I worry on other people's behalf...) (Actually, a lot of my worrying is on other people's behalves... halfs... whatever...)

Exercise is the only thing that helps me when I get there. (And I get there, with some regularity.) That and venting to friends. <doing cyber equivalent of cupping hand to ear...>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 07:58 pm
Well also I guess just DOING stuff, not necessarily exercise. I know just what you mean about pajama days not being good days. Having something to get me up and DO in the morning (usually scheduled, so I gotta) seems to help, and then starting projects of some kind, usually creative, can help. (When I start posting stuff I've made you can usually gather that I've been fighting off the abyss... but it usually works.)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 07:59 pm
well, much like you just did, you can always talk to us
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 08:42 pm
Thanks. Sometimes it feels good to just vomit it all out.

Doing stuff does help. Maybe I need to undertake something major tomorrow.

I know what you mean about taking on other's worries, soz. Sometimes I think its a real art form to be able to do it to the point where you can't even take off your pajamas.

I discovered I was doing everything BUT today when Neighbor came over and everything spewed out - while I chased two kids around the yard, swept the deck, filled the holes, scissor trimmed the grass, pushed the swings, jiggled the baby, weeded the garden, etc. etc. etc.

I have spent days distracting myself to no avail. Well, maybe I have a better grasp of area schools and a tidier yard and an exhausted child.

I'm really trying to deal with the.... what?.... guilt?... do I feel guilty?..... Yes! Yes I do.... helpless?... Yes! ..... what else? and I am not doing a very good job of it.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:01 pm
Here, you can borrow my ear.

Let the guilt and the worry just float away like a bad dream.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:01 pm
i don't really know much about your situation, but from what i've gathered from this site about how you feel for mo (sp), i don't think you have anything to feel guilty about, maybe you can't save his half sisters, but you can save him, and that's a start
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:09 pm
You know, I had a whole post where I was trying to say just that but it all came out wrong so I deleted it. So, ditto what djjd says.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 06:43 am
I know I can save everybody and I know that I've done nothing to feel guilty about but I just feel really chrushed about the whole mess.

Frustrated. That's a good word for it.

Bedeviled?

I'm thinking it might be a really good day to tidy up the yard and garden. Really dig in and do it. That might help.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 07:40 am
That sucks, Boomer.

You can't save everyone.

You are making a huge difference in Mo's life. Can you have a Mommy and Mo day?

I'm tremendously impressed by your generosity and caring. You're doing good.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 07:49 am
Do you have someone that can take mo for an hour or so ? So you can sit down and shut up?
Literally..?

get about an hour of silence some how.
Silence doesnt mean catching up on cooking, cleaning, or taking that shower you dont always get with a little child underfoot either.. Laughing

Turn on some music, preferably slow and quiet, put some pillows on the floor, turn off the lights and just shut up.
Concentrate on one specific thing in the song.. the drums, the singer.. what ever you want .
Picture them performing, and you watching from a few feet away. Imaigne their outift, the surroundings, smell them...

find a way to just disappear for a while..
You cant control the kids lives, unfortunatly.
And just realizing that sometimes isnt enough.
As a woman , what these kids may be going through will set your heart into a vice,
as a mother it will piss you off.
So check out for a while some how. That may be your best bet.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 08:21 am
Re: Unwind my mind.
boomerang wrote:
How do you unwind your mind when it is in total overdrive?

I go on the internet, and most times right here on A2K! Very Happy

Sometimes a nice hot shower works, too.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 11:21 am
Thank you all for your kindness.

Shewolf, that sounds absolutely wonderful but I don't think it's going to happen. Indulging my funk would probably be the quickest way to get rid of it -- especially if I set a time frame for it.

Mommy and Mo day is highly likely. So far we've lollygagged and played video games - the ultimate time waster. Now that the sun is shining I think we'll be doing yard work.

Maybe we'll mow the neighbors yard too. A random kindness might make me feel a bit happier.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 09:22 am
OHMYGOSH!

They're back!

Developing.......
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 09:47 am
Oh boomerang, I usually just read because I'm not on enough to know all the details about various situations, but do know that there are many here who truly care for you and appreciate what you are doing.

Now they're back. Keep us posted.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 09:50 am
Oh my!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 11:31 am
enquiring minds want to know
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 04:11 pm
boomerang wrote:

I'm really trying to deal with the.... what?.... guilt?... do I feel guilty?..... Yes! Yes I do.... helpless?... Yes! ..... what else? and I am not doing a very good job of it.

Hey, it's something new and if you weren't bothered by such things you'd be somebody else, IMHO. I hope their arrival is all to the good but should you find your funk is still there I suggest the original Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...Oompa Loompas have lifted many a spirit.

Fingers and toes crossed.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 04:17 pm
Thank you Diane, what a nice thing to say!

I don't know much yet but I should know more tomorrow.

I got a call this morning from "mom" telling me that she had received a call last night saying they were back and that there was a birthday party scheduled for Sunday.

Mo and I are going to the party. I will be relieved to get a good look at the lovelies just to set my heart at rest that they're doing okay.

I don't know if they're back for a visit or if they're back for good but at least their back and I'll get a chance to see them.

I'm feeling better.

Rumor has it that "dad" has a new girlfriend in tow and that she is pregnant.

When I win the lottery I'm making a huge endowment to planned parenthood.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 05:22 pm
Maybe the new gal was pregnant already...maybe.

GeneralLeeSpeaking, I hope it all goes well tomorrow and everyone is healthy, happy and whole.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Unwind my mind.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 12:46:49