Afghanistan

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 11:49 am
"NEW YORK, USA: Apr 06 (PNS) - Nine people have been arrested for allegedly importing more than $500,000 worth of heroin into the United States from Pakistan and Afghanistan, often hidden in shipments of traditional Afghan clothing, prosecutors say."

Pakistan news on Afghani heroin smuggling

Many had opined that Afghanistan would rely more heavily than ever on the heroin trade after the terror hunt decimated the countryside. We're not done in Afghanistan. We've stopped watching. We are riveted on the news of Iraq.

News from Afghanistan will follow .....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,599 • Replies: 6
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 09:20 am
Mullah Dadullah, a known Taleban commander, said the Taleban had regrouped under the leadership of their supreme leader, Mullah Mohammad Omar, and were now attacking US-led coalition troops with renewed vigour and ferocity.

He has previously led assaults on opposition strongholds in northern Afghanistan and elsewhere in the country.

Dadullah took credit for a number of recent attacks on coalition forces and said the Taleban would fight until "Jews and Christians, all foreign crusaders" were expelled from Afghanistan.

He claimed there was no rift in the Taleban ranks and that those opposed to the Taleban in the past - such as former Prime Minister Gulbuddin Hekmatyar - now agreed with their campaign against "foreign occupation troops" in Afghanistan.

'Jihad'

According to Dadullah, al-Qaeda did not exist in Afghanistan and he said he did not know the fate or whereabouts of Osama bin-Laden.

Taliban
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 03:35 pm
An organization of an Afghani militia composed in part of regionalized ethnic factions is in the works.

Afghani Militia
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 08:22 pm
The UK has deported 21 Afghani men back to their home country. They were given little time to arrange for their departure or their arrival.

"The Minister thanked Britain for its assistance, but he appealed for Afghans to be allowed to remain in Europe a while longer, until there were more employment opportunities and reconstruction progress here.

The human rights group Amnesty International has condemned the deportations, saying that conditions in Afghanistan were not conducive to voluntary returns, let alone forced ones."

BBC link
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 08:52 pm
BBC link
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 12:21 pm
littlek wrote:
but he appealed for Afghans to be allowed to remain in Europe a while longer, until there were more employment opportunities and reconstruction progress here
Employment opportunities in Israel are quite poor as well. I am unemployed for about two months, and I do not find any place to send my resume to. Does this mean that I may be eligible to immigrate to the UK on these grounds? It is obvious that I am not. Why should the Afghans?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 05:57 pm
They were already in the UK, they were shipped to Afghanistan where there is no work.
0 Replies