A Sorry State of Affairs

Lady J

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:58 am
I feel guilty. I feel really guilty in fact. I have been gone from A2K for a few weeks now, but that is not what I am feeling guilty about.

I returned this morning and upon reading the subjects of so many posts, I feel like I have been living in a cocoon for the last several weeks. More bad news piled upon more bad news, piled upon more bad news.

I feel guilty because I have good news but it only relates to me and while I want to share, it all seems so trivial in comparison to everything that is going on. I feel guilty about thinking locally instead of globally and how could MY selfishly good news even want to be read or considered here?

One fleeting moment of joy among the devastation of America, the corruption of all politicians, unjust wars, predictions of economic disaster, lack of health care, rising poverty levels, rich and poor class structures becoming more and more defined, bankruptcies, pensions disappearing.

Sadly, I think that collectively, that is one of our biggest problems. We, together as a nation, love to focus on the negative much more than on any minute positive thing. Our mindsets are programmed so that we wake up thinking about all of the bad and find no joy any more. We fall asleep the same way.

My news? I guess it really is no big deal in the grand scheme of things. My fiance, after almost two years of court battling recently won full custody of his son. And oh yeah, I'm getting married this Saturday.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,235 • Replies: 24
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:01 am
Sounds like a worthy topic to me. Congratulations.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:06 am
Congratulations Exclamation Very Happy

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/Bella81/HW-TRICKORTREATDOLL.gif
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:08 am
I was thinking about you the other day, LadyJ, wondering what you've been up to. I'm glad you decided to come back, I've missed your posts.

Congrats to your fiance on gaining custody of his son and congrats to all of you on your upcoming wedding!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:10 am
Congratulations to your fiance on both of those events!

Getting his son and getting married. O lucky man.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:18 am
great news. thanks for sharing, and congratulations. Smile
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:32 am
Don't feel guilty about good things, there's far more need in the world to hear about the things that make life worthwhile.

Sometimes we loose perspective of what is important, getting too wrapped up in the problems.

Love, Marriage, Parenthood.....I'm very happy for you....
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:49 am
LadyJ. That is wonderful news, dear. I am quite happy for you, and you obviously, are happy as well. Why feel guilty?

She's getting married in the morning,
Ding dong the bells are gonna chime.
Pull out the stopper,
We'll have a whopper,
But get her to the church on time.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:53 am
These are two great, big deals.

And hey, sometimes we just have to take some good along with the bad.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:59 am
My advice is to make sure it remains good news for the kid.Sounds like he's been more like the rope in a tug-of-war so far.

Sorry to be realistic and all that.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 09:00 am
Wonderful news Lady J, and I wish you the best of luck
in your marriage and being a loving, doting mother to your
husband's son.

Congratulations and best wishes for the future, dear.

I hope you'll change your profile location after Saturday Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 10:48 am
I am happy for all of you, Lady J.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 11:22 am
Re: A Sorry State of Affairs
Lady J wrote:
My news? I guess it really is no big deal in the grand scheme of things. My fiance, after almost two years of court battling recently won full custody of his son.

If one didn't focus on the little bit of good news around these days, one would say, "Why bother?" Especially if it's close to home!

Quote:
And oh yeah, I'm getting married this Saturday.

I notice that you just casually flipped that bit of news right at the very end of your post.....haha! :wink:

Hey, a big congrats for you and your new husband-to-be! May it be a long and happy marriage. Very Happy
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:43 pm
Congratulations. Lady J. May I wish you all a very happy future.

It's nice to hear some good news.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:43 pm
Thank you, my friends who posted, for helping me to keep it real. Smile I think I am just exhausted!

We also got my very soon to be hubby's house back after two years and had spent the first solid week scrubbing and scouring and bleaching the entire house that had been left in a filthy state of disrepair. I had never come across such a potentially beautiful home that was sooooo dirty and grimy. My fingertips literally bled before it was even habital enough for us to move into.

I LOVE my soon to be son!! We have a very adoring mutual admiration for each other. Smile He has literally been craving a loving family and even though he is just 12 and coming into that awkward age, he does not hesitate to hug me every chance he gets. And I reciprocate wholeheartedly! He introduces me to his friends as his new mom and my 22 year old daughter who is also living with us as his new big sister. He thinks she is totally awesome! Together, the four of us are all very happy about our new family union and we have all given each other our hearts to commit.

So, Saturday is the Big Day! We just decided that last week, so there will be no big fanfare of white lace and roses, just the four of us and my future in laws, who I know were sent straight from the Gods of Goodness. The one person I wish could be there is my son, but he is in Basic at Fort Knox, Kentucky right now and won't be home until Christmas.

Boy oh boy, what a Christmas this year will be!

Thank you all again...now I can take the next four days and get excited! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:57 pm
Ok, ok, what will you wear?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:00 pm
Lady J, I'm so happy for you and your fiance! It's wonderful to hear your news. Happy Wedding! (Will be you be living in the new home by Christmas time?)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:12 pm
never feel bad about good news

there's enough trouble and strife in the world as it is
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:36 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Ok, ok, what will you wear?

Yikes! I have to wear something other than my blue jeans, don't I? Oh my gosh!

Wait...I have a dress...but can I find the dress in the closet now? Do I have to wear a dress? I probably should, huh?

Got it....It's white actually. A knee length tea dress. Sheath style I think. Very soft, shimmery under fabric with a same white sheer fabric over.

Wow...now this means I'll probably have to do a touch of make-up too.

At least my fingertips should be healed and I won't have the band-aids on them anymore by Saturday!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:40 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Lady J, I'm so happy for you and your fiance! It's wonderful to hear your news. Happy Wedding! (Will be you be living in the new home by Christmas time?)

Thank you! We're in now actually. The cleaning is done, but we're still peeling off wallpaper and trying to get everything put in its place! Then will come the painting and eventually new carpeting in some areas and lots of hardwood floors to replace the tile floors. All in good time for the decorating.

It will just be wonderful to have my new family all together during the holidays. Even my folks are hoping to make the 1600 mile trek. Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A Sorry State of Affairs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 10:42:00