I am Officially Resigning

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 11:36 pm
I didn't write this, I found it on another forum. This post has been shared in several forums already.

RESIGNATION

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I want to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year old.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk of rocks.

I want to think M&M's are better than money cuz you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonaide stand with my friends on a hot summers day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple, when all you knew were colors, multiplication tables and nursery rhymes; but that didn't bother you because you didn't know and didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I WANT TO THINK THE WORLD IS FAIR
THAT EVERYONE IS FAIR AND GOOD
I WANT TO BELIEVE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE
I WANT TO BE OBLIVIOUS TO THE COMPLEXITIES OF LIFE AND BE OVERLY EXCITED BY THE LITTLE THINGS AGAIN.

I want to live simple again,
I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes,
mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive when there is more days in the month than money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness and the loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles Hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So................. Here's my checkbook, my car keys, my credit card bills, and my 401k statements.

I AM OFFICIALLY RESIGNING FROM ADULT HOOD.

And if you want to discuss this further you'll have to catch me first cuz...............

TAG YOU'RE IT.

PASS THIS TO SOMEONE AND BRIGHTEN THEIR DAY BY HELPIN THEM TO REMEMBER ........

The simple things in life.

Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 503 • Replies: 9
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 11:37 pm
Nice idea! Very Happy
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 11:39 pm
This is funny. I am working on a paper with a weird related thesis: Owing to Hardy, Thomas, and Frost, which do you prefer: childhood or adulthood?

We read Fern Hill, The Oxen and Birches.

Wasn't even close.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 11:42 pm
Thanks msolga.

I don't want the mathematics back. But, I think children can deal with loss better than adults. What do you think?
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 11:45 pm
Lash wrote:
This is funny. I am working on a paper with a weird related thesis: Owing to Hardy, Thomas, and Frost, which do you prefer: childhood or adulthood?

We read Fern Hill, The Oxen and Birches.

Wasn't even close.

This was the original forum where this was first posted. karmicpower.com by MoMs
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 11:45 pm
Probably. But then little kids are better at so many things: like learning a new language for example. I guess their brains are more supple? :wink:
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:05 am
Um - I'm from the Homer Simpson School of Neurophysiology. I think adults' brains just get full of stuff. If you want to learn something new you have to take some of that stuff out. Little kids have more room for things like languages...

....Nice post AngeliqueEast Very Happy
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 05:35 am
Thanks goodfielder
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:52 am
I always want to remember the child in me.

A Child's Wisdom

We often learn the most from our children. Some time ago, a friend of mine punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight, and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the tree. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy." He was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found that the box was empty.

He yelled at her, "Don't you know that when you give someone a present, there's supposed to be something inside of it?"

The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into the box. All for you, Daddy."

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged her forgiveness. My friend told me that he kept that gold box by his bed for years. Whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each of us as parents has been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children.

There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

A Child's Wisdom

I remember once someone speculating that perhaps we are born with all the wisdom that it's possible to have but we lose some with each passing day.

I think of this because my two-and-a-half-year-old grandson. Lex, often seems to "get it" right away.

For example, yesterday, as he and his mother were in their backyard,they saw a cardinal land on top of a bush right in front of them. They had a great view of the bird, and all of a sudden, it jerked its head in their direction. Speaking his mother's thoughts, Lex burst into a grin and said, "It's looking at you!" Then the bird flew away. So his mom explained that she thought he might be
afraid of them. To which Lex replied, "Cuz he doesn't know you".

All day long he as he walked around, Lex repeated: "The car-di-nal was looking at you!" And then he'd shake his head and put his hands out in a shrug, "but he didn't know you."

Lex calls dreaming "remembering." So he'll say, "Lex remember this book last night in sleeping." I just think that's so cool!
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:00 am
But, today our children loose their innocence too fast, and take on the worries of the world.

http://portland.indymedia.org/icon/2002/08/219092.jpg

A Child's Wisdom
Author: peace rebel girl
From the bush protest

A Child's Wisdom

when i saw this beautiful and delightful sight at the protest, i felt my heart leap with hope. here was this small child barely able to carry this sign that towered over her small frame. but was she determined! i watched as she would nearly drop it and then push it back up to try and lift it high.

when i heard about the ugly and horrific way that some of the children at the protest were peppersprayed i thought about this little girl and her big message, her large sign and her huge heart.

i wondered how anyone could be so small minded, have so narrow a vision and such microscopic thinking that they would deliberately chose to violate the innocence of the children who are the voice of tomorrow.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I am Officially Resigning
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 09:47:54