Terrorism Versus Patriotism

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 07:57 am
Way back when a group of people, reflecting the mood of the country and tired of taxation without representation and being screwed over dumped tea in Boston Harbor.

My children are being taught that they were great patriots.

If a group of people, representing the mood of the country and in protest of taxation without representation today destroyed an oil refinery or two, they would be branded terrorists and traitors.

What's wrong with this picture?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 503 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 08:09 am
Re: Terrorism Versus Patriotism
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Way back when a group of people, reflecting the mood of the country and tired of taxation without representation and being screwed over dumped tea in Boston Harbor.

My children are being taught that they were great patriots.

If a group of people, representing the mood of the country and in protest of taxation without representation today destroyed an oil refinery or two, they would be branded terrorists and traitors.

What's wrong with this picture?

What's wrong is that you have the right to chose representatives to Congress, which means that you're represented. What's wrong is that a Congress of your own country has implemented the laws you don't like, and not a foreign Congress you have no say in. What's wrong is that you just don't like losing elections, which is not the same as being unrepresented.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 08:11 am
panythose too tight this morning? You're cranky.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 08:12 am
panythose too tight this morning? You're cranky.

No, I'm goooood.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 08:32 am
btw I've never lost an election. I even won election as Student Coucil monitor in high school but was impeached when it became obvious I was only elected because everyone knew I wouldn't enforce any of the school rules.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 08:34 am
btw I've never lost an election. I even won election as Student Coucil monitor in high school but was impeached when it became obvious I was only elected because everyone knew I wouldn't enforce any of the school rules.

I heard that you were impeached for gross dereliction of duty, and that this is just your spin on it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 08:39 am
I never denied it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 09:20 am
I would have voted for you, BVT.

In fact, I still would!
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 09:17 pm
Does this mean the A2K elections are starting up again?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 06:25 am
I want to rule the world. not A2K... however all A2K members who support me will be placed on the protected list when the great purge comes......
except for those who have already pissed me off. There will be no back peddling. Only the gnashing of teeth and the lamentaions of the women.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 06:48 am
I want to rule the world. not A2K... however all A2K members who support me will be placed on the protected list when the great purge comes......
except for those who have already pissed me off. There will be no back peddling. Only the gnashing of teeth and the lamentaions of the women.

I'm afraid that my great purge is going to make yours look like a tea party. And to let you in on a little secret, I'm afraid you're not going to make it. Ha ha ha......
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 06:50 am
Brandon if you were in charge I'd kill myself before you had a chance to purge me.....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 06:53 am
Brandon, essentially, is in charge. He is a clone of Bush.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 06:59 am
Brandon if you were in charge I'd kill myself before you had a chance to purge me.....

If you want to take the honorable way out, I will not object.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Terrorism Versus Patriotism
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 04:51:48