Is Tico OK after the Kansas floods?

Piffka

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 07:46 am
Ticomaya wrote:
spendius wrote:
It wouldn't enter my head that Tico couldn't deal with a flood.He's a midfielder.

I keep telling ya, spendius, I'm a sweeper ... which makes me eminently more capable of dealing with a girly flood.

As long as the rain doesn't cancel my soccer games, I'm okay with it. :wink:

All right, a SWEEPER! The most fun and satisfying job on a team.

I hadn't heard of any flooding but I'm glad you are okay. Isn't Kansas so flat that....

... but since when does rain (or snow or sleet or hail) cancel soccer?? S'far as I knew, only lightning could do that. Sheesh... you're gonna make me think it's girly soccer in Kansas.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:08 am
"When I was a youth I used to take all kinds of pledges, and do my best to keep them, but I never could, because I didn't strike at the root of the habit -- the desire; I generally broke down within the month. Once I tried limiting a habit. That worked tolerably well for a while. I pledged myself to smoke but one cigar a day. I kept the cigar waiting until bedtime, then I had a luxurious time with it. But desire persecuted me every day and all day long; so, within the week I found myself hunting for larger cigars than I had been used to smoke; then larger ones still, and still larger ones. Within the fortnight I was getting cigars made for me--on a yet larger pattern. They still grew and grew in size. Within the month my cigar had grown to such proportions that I could have used it as a crutch. It now seemed to me that a one-cigar limit was no real protection to a person, so I knocked my pledge on the head and resumed my liberty."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:12 am
I do SO hope you are not still trying to pretend that your cigar is just a cigar after THAT little parable!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:13 am
Piffka wrote:
I hadn't heard of any flooding but I'm glad you are okay. Isn't Kansas so flat that....

Truthfully, I hadn't either until I read this thread. I was literally busy playing soccer all day on Sunday (two outdoor games and one indoor game), and wasn't watching the news. The floods were quite a distance away. It was quite windy here, but didn't rain.

Piffka wrote:
... but since when does rain (or snow or sleet or hail) cancel soccer?? S'far as I knew, only lightning could do that. Sheesh... you're gonna make me think it's girly soccer in Kansas.

I completely agree, and only willingly agree to not play when lightning is present or a funnel cloud is on the horizon. But, alas, I don't own the fields we play on, and the City occasionally become concerned that we'll tear up the pitch if the field is too muddy. Ridiculous!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:16 am
dlowan wrote:
I do SO hope you are not still trying to pretend that your cigar is just a cigar after THAT little parable!

Good heavens no! I thought I'd told you: A good cigar is not just a cigar ... it's a smoke.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:16 am
Ticomaya wrote:
...I found myself hunting for larger cigars than I had been used to smoke; then larger ones still, and still larger ones. Within the fortnight I was getting cigars made for me--on a yet larger pattern. They still grew and grew in size. Within the month my cigar had grown to such proportions that I could have used it as a crutch.

Folks, does this not sound like the quintessential "fish story" or what? Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:40 am
A girly city council then and better a girly city than a soccer team.

I hope you appreciate my signature appreciation of your seegar story. Good line! There is a cigar smoker living here who, in the midst of smoke is either in traffic in his truck or relaxing on the porch, e'en in snow, sleet, hail, etc. The recent purchase of a portable propane heater makes me suspect the cold gets to him in winter.

We do not have these funnel clouds often enough to worry about, and when we see them, are more likely to say, "Ooooh.... pretty!" I can understand however that the game might stop, especially if it seems relatively close.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:09 am
Was Tico OK before the Kansas floods?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:42 am
Ahh, banished to the front porch, is he? I usually just wear long sleeves when indulging in an occasional smoke in winter .... soccer player, doncha know? No girly propane heater for me. :wink:

(Yep, nice sig. Very Happy I take it you'd heard that story before?)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:44 am
nimh wrote:
Was Tico OK before the Kansas floods?

Laughing

I don't get it.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:59 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Ahh, banished to the front porch, is he? I usually just wear long sleeves when indulging in an occasional smoke in winter .... soccer player, doncha know? No girly propane heater for me. :wink:

(Yep, nice sig. Very Happy I take it you'd heard that story before?)

Kinda unmistakable.

'Tis the side porch overseeing the pasture. Long sleeves... <snicker> I'll point out to him his girly ways.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 04:33:50