Shoes for Industry!

dyslexia

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 03:14 pm
HI, I'm Joe Beat--Hey what chance does a returned and diseased war veteran have for that great paying job or sugar or the free mule you've been dreaming of? Well, think it over, then take off you shoes. Now you can see how increased spending opportunities means harder work for everyone and more off it too, so do you part today Joe. Join with millions of neighbors and turn in your shoes for industry.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 03:41 pm
Stop singing and finish your homework!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 04:08 pm
Yes, you all recognise the "Saloon Song" from the "Floating Prince" by Signye, now here's the lilting revenge duet "El Vino Confusia" --isn't that beautiful, it's by a great Italian composer. He's dead now but lives on in HiFi Stereo on this 12 inch record album of 40 Great Unclaimed Melodies. Yes, friends if you were to go into a record store and ask for them they would think you were crazy. Hello, I'm Don G. Ovoni and I'm proud to speak for the musical heritage surplus club of Hong Kong. Wouldn't you like to raise the level of your home? Bring your family closer together around the HiFi? Listening to such immoral classics as "Bidet the Fountain" or "The Dukes Duet" from El Skitso Freano? Yes, if you act now my friend, we will send include at absolutely no cost to anyone this collection of 40 familiar sound effects.
Well friends they're all yours. If you act in time this 3 record boxed set bonanza of timeless big bad hymns, titles like "In a Persian Mellon" "My Spanish Suitcase" "A Happy Plunderer" "Waltz for three people" and "Hawaian Hallucination Song". A cultural landslide to fill your home entertainment center. write now to this address:
Chinese Surplus Music Deal
Hollywood Box 4155 California
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 06:28 am
Ma Rainey's Moleskin Cookies.
Yes, we use the whole mole.
Eat 'em, Wipe 'em off, Eat 'em again.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 02:25 am
Porgey? Porgey Tirebiter! Where is that boy?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 02:32 am
"The shoes of the dead look like shabby slippers without a sole and a heel. They are very soft, without any hard lining. One or two details were cut out of thin leather (1-1.5 mm) and were then sewed together with a thread in such a way that the seam was just along or across the foot. The shoes were not fixed on the foot and obviously were useless for walking. This unpractical footwear was made especially for funerals as a part of the ritual. The people were not inclined to refuse their pagan beliefs, though they did adopt orthodoxy. Footwear for the dead made after one model can very often be found in the burial mounds of the twelfth up to the seventeenth centuries in Moscow, Novgorod, Tver, and Pskov. It does not mean, that until the twelfth century the dead were not buried in slippers, but leather, just like any organic material, preserves very bad in the earth.

Why does a dead man need shoes? It is most difficult to answer this question rationally. Funeral rituals were likely to reflect the ancient beliefs of the people that inhabited medieval Russia, their ideas of the Next World and how to behave there. The funeral ceremony was the ritual, which helped the diseased to pass to the next world. First, those participating in the ceremony, closed the eyes of the dead, for "there" everyone is blind. Then they wrapped and dressed it. The funeral dress is also a part of the ritual. It should be new, made especially for the occasion. The seams were without knots. While sewing, the participants of the ceremony held the needle in the left hand and sewed in the direction towards the dead. The whole of the procedure was to show that the dress was not suitable for every day use, for the Next World is different itself.

The medieval inhabitants of the Russian land could not leave the dead barefoot. They have always been treating feet with great respect. According to the religions of the ancient Indo-Europeans, the foot was a special organ in the human body, for the soul was there. The Slavs believed it to be in the foot bone, which never decays. (There is still a saying in Russian "to have one's heart at one's heels").

Not every medieval burial contains ritual footwear, in some of them there were ordinary, worn out shoes. The scientists cannot yet explain this fact. Probably, funeral rituals were observed not always. The funeral ceremony depended also on that, whether the dead were old or young, rich or poor. For example, a young woman could have been buried in a fur coat, belted with laces with the head covered with a shawl. An unmarried girl was then in a wedding dress, so that she would find her husband in the Other World and the funeral ceremony would turn out in a wedding then.

The scientists do not know yet, when the tradition to bury the dead in shoes turned up and whether there was a special fashion for the footwear for the dead. "
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 02:43 am
http://austin.weblogger.com/

"NICK DANGER SNAKEHEAD SYMPHONY

MUSIC OPEN AND UNDER

DWIGHT: The Adventures of Nick Danger, Third Eye. Brought to you by PlusCom dot Com, the Global Interlacing network providing 24-7-360 global crisis news, keeping your unmoving butt glued to the edge of your ever-widening seat.

NICK: (Reverb) This is Nick Danger. It was the long summer of the rest of our lives. It was the time after time stopped. It was a new world and although it looked a whole lot like the old world, it was different somehow. My phone rang ?

PHONE MAKES SOUND OF A PROCTOR SURPRISE

NICK: See? Different. Like I said. I picked it up...

PHONE PICKUP

NICK: At least that worked.

MUSIC FADE OUT UNDER FOLLOWING

BRADSHAW: (phone effect) Mr. Danger?

NICK: ( No REVERB) The last time someone called me Mister was before...well, you know.

BRADSHAW: You mean before the thing I know that you know too?

NICK: The thing we don't talk about.

BRADSHAW: Yeah. Well, should I call you Mister or not?

NICK: Not doesn't seem right. But on the other hand, please don't call me Mister. I hate Broadway musicals.

BRADSHAW: I thought you hated crickets and owls. . ."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 06:46 am
"so, what happened in history today?"
"nothing"
"well, i meant before they changed the water"
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 07:56 am
Why are you doing your schoolwork? Why aren't you in the parking lot, relating with the other kids?
0 Replies

Flatted 5th

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 11:00 am
At "Bob's brazerko lounge", " I was a cockteaser for roosterama!"
0 Replies

Flatted 5th

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:56 pm
Anybody here anything from George Tirebiter lately?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 04:30 am
No, but I did catch a segment of 'The Golden Hind' on NPR's All Things Considered for St. Patrick's Day...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 05:42 am
Deputy Dan has no friends !
0 Replies

Flatted 5th

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 01:23 pm
Unless he buys a car from Ralph's Spoil-Sport motors!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/23/2024 at 02:13:59