Weather or not 2005....

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:01 am
was almost a perfect summer, if only a few things had not occured,
fouling it up for everyone. Otherwise wasn't the weather great ? it was here in Quebec.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 622 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:20 am
It's still like 90 degrees here. It's bullshit. I miss the North. I miss the fall. It's not supposed to be this hot in late September. I walk to school in a nice breeze. I teach. Then I walk home in crazy humidity, sweating like crazy in my nice clothes.

Boo!

Yet it seems silly to complain about the weather when, 250 miles away, the Gulf Coast is a mess.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:33 am
True the fall is here has been the best in memory.fresh warm mornings lit with golden leaves and blue sky.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:47 am
The summer here in Michigan was very very hot and it rained very little.

We finally have a cold front moving in tonight...may even have to kick on the furnace Shocked
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:17 am
Bahstin was a hot, humid mess for most of the summer -- glad to see that its been shown the door...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:17 am
Predicted heat index today in Houston: 110.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 05:46 pm
yikes x yikes =zikes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 05:52 pm
In my neck of the woods we've been experiencing a strange & unfamiliar phenomenum: rain! Surprised All this spring green is weird (after years & years & years of drought). Ya gotta wear sun glasses out there! Cool
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 06:39 pm
green on earth .............is a good thing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 06:42 pm
Oh, it is, it is, Algis! Very Happy
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 06:51 pm
love to love you msolga !
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 06:53 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 06:50 am
And so is tawny.

the fields are alive
with the colorof
Tawny !
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 06:55 am
Really?

Could you tell us more about that?
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 06:57 am
Here in NY we have had a few days of cool weather. But, the trees are still full and green.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 07:11 am
Tawny is the color that starts in the fields and then mixes into the forests . It's when a yellow/brown color makes it's sense of purpose present with these tawny hues of plants having completed their yearly cycle of life. As they slowly pass on they reveal a tawny hue through out the shire or wherehappenhaveyou.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 07:15 am
Ah! Very Happy

Thank you for obliging, Algis!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 07:26 am
What happens here is that some trees like the evergreens stay dark green and it's this orchestration of changing hues in context to all of this. After a few weeks as tawny gets older and turns to wheat straw for the winter. The best tawny view to my eye is when just a few trees like the birch turn tawny while all the major field plants with the tall grass is all shades of tawny. It is here that via the tawny colored birch trees along the field that merges the field with the forest. with this like this the colors creates a visual conundrum.Making field and foest merge in a most abstract type manner. It can get quite extensive like all the surrounding broadleafed trees ,usually maple and oak, turn tawny simultaneously. Then you are just left with erractic patches of dark green from the blended in Conifers and evergreens. Eventually through out some trees will spark greater colors and turn red and orange/brown and then leaves slowly fall to earth.
What happens next is that the entire forest goes way past tawny and the connection is lost...that merging and it's something else again.

My mother tught me that and she was from Toronto.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Weather or not 2005....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 11:25:57