How much $$ does A2K cost you?

sozobe

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:21 am
Maybe maximizing-type stuff.

Like, when he spends more time here, working on the site, it costs less. (I'm hoping that number isn't the deficit, but the total cost, some of which is recouped...)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 10:55 am
sozobe wrote:
(I'm hoping that number isn't the deficit, but the total cost, some of which is recouped...)

yer not kidding
my little subscription amount just isn't going to make any kind of dent in that
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 05:37 pm
It costs me a bundle. I'm self employed, bill hourly. Every hour I spend here is $$ in the toilet. Ah well, all work and no play makes J_B a lot of $$ but very crabby.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:41 pm
Hee hee...! Can't you use the "Having some down time makes me more efficient when I do work" excu... I mean justifica... I mean reason?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 09:00 pm
he- I wish, but er, no I don't think so.

I used to work a ton of hours when I first started out. It took a while but I was eventually able to get some balance in my life. One of the problems with working from home is that you never really leave the office. I had to learn to turn the answering machine on, the ringer down, etc. One of the advantages is that I can set my own hours and get my work done early in the morning or in the evening and have play time in the middle. I also took on a project from hell a few years back and learned very quickly that there are only so many hours in a day. I learned that I don't need every client and even if the money is good, the aggravation isn't always worth it.

I try to work about 25-30 hours/week. That gives me a pretty good balance of work and play.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 09:04 pm
J_B wrote:
he- I wish, but er, no I don't think so.

I used to work a ton of hours when I first started out. It took a while but I was eventually able to get some balance in my life. One of the problems with working from home is that you never really leave the office. I had to learn to turn the answering machine on, the ringer down, etc. One of the advantages is that I can set my own hours and get my work done early in the morning or in the evening and have play time in the middle. I also took on a project from hell a few years back and learned very quickly that there are only so many hours in a day. I learned that I don't need every client and even if the money is good, the aggravation isn't always worth it.

I try to work about 25-30 hours/week. That gives me a pretty good balance of work and play.

To invoke an unnamed A2K'er...
You can also work naked. :wink:
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 09:05 pm
sozobe wrote:
Maybe maximizing-type stuff.

Like, when he spends more time here, working on the site, it costs less. (I'm hoping that number isn't the deficit, but the total cost, some of which is recouped...)

Soz has it, it's total cost that is reduced if I work on A2K, it's reduced both through reduction of cost as well as improving the revenue.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 02:35 am
So, IMPROVE!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 06:22:47