Force of habit...

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 07:37 pm
Bah!

I got online to actually look something up. Yet, here I am.

and I haven't looked anything up yet.

This ever happen to you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,619 • Replies: 20
No top replies

littlek

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 07:40 pm
Yes! Grrrr..... and I click new posts over and over again, even if there's no one posting to them.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 08:07 pm
having never been Catholic i am unfamiliar with habits.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 09:38 pm
Habit forces something? c.i.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 10:06 pm
I have been training myself to remain offline until at least noon. That helps quite a lot.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 03:36 am
All the time.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 04:53 am
Yes - BUT - I don't know if this is good or bad, but I go off and do lots of other things while I am online. I may be sort of watching television, or working, or doing household chores, or reading, or exercising or listening to music - any of a number of things. I almost never just sit in front of the screen. This is especially so in the last few months, when signing out of my ISP may well mean I cannot go back online without having to reboot - (see weird little harbinger of doom thread.)

In the am, I check in - then wander in and out in the same way - showering, getting dressed etc. It is part of the background noise of my life - unless I am chatting to somebody, or there are a number of things I am reading and responding to.

I am actually REALLY online a lot less than I appear to be.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 05:25 am
dyslexia: Unfamiliar with habits means that you have seen nun?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 12:16 pm
dlowan, You've just made the "understatement" on A2K as the number one most active. LOL Wink c.i.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 12:30 pm
edgarblythe<

Your post reminds me of those people who wait until 5 p.m. to have their first "adult beverage" of the day.

As for being a creature of habit, I go through cycles with my sessions online. Sometimes, I just check email. At others, though, I spend a whole day in front of the screen.

I do find that news -- local, state, national or international -- is more current online than anywhere else. I have always been a news junkie. More news is offered online than anywhere else. With the Iraq War II proceeding, I am finding myself more online than usual.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 12:48 pm
I been driving a car with automatic transmission for the last 10 years, yet I still every now and again reach down to make a manual gear shift. One of these days I'm gonna shift from drive into reverse
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 01:14 pm
Bob Newhart would call that "the other way of stopping."

Yeah, habitually at work; not at all at home. Other stuff to do at home, not a lotta free time, and the computer and dial-up are both very... very... slow.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 03:47 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
dlowan, You've just made the "understatement" on A2K as the number one most active. LOL Wink c.i.

Waaaaaah! And I HATE being on top of that wretched thing! I am there only because I run a lot of silly badinage threads - and I feel I need to respond to people - most of my posts are one-liners! And they take a few seconds to do!

Waaaaaaah!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 03:49 pm
I have the uncanny habit of chugging the whole bottle of maple syrup at the breakfast table.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 03:52 pm
I clean surfaces. Everywhere. Not if I can help it and actually think, but nah, like that will ever happen.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 07:51 pm
dagmarka... come here. I need you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 07:53 pm
Slappy, Is that anything like mapleholic? c.i.
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 08:20 pm
edgar's post was hilarious! Well, as one who posts often very very very late at night and into the wee hours, OF COURSE I try not to get into a2k before noon....hahahahahahha!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 08:21 pm
SP - she's for hire, just send me a PM.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 05:28 am
'k! I'm shocked SHOCKED to find you pimping here.

Iffanwhen we'll prolly hire someone a tad closer to this particular boonie. Would you want to hike out here and back to watch my kids for a couple days a week? (In re your other thread...)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Force of habit...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 03:53:39