The old time stars I love

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2024 03:46 pm
Starting with JANE DARWELL
By the end of her career, she had appeared in more than 170 films, including Huckleberry Finn (1931), Jesse James (1939), Gone with the Wind (1939), The Devil and Daniel Webster (1941), The Ox-Bow Incident (1943), and My Darling Clementine (1946).[10]
I didn't know she was the bird lady.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 387 • Replies: 10
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2024 03:53 am
I always liked Will Hay.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2024 12:01 pm
Lyle Bettger

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.ArBRc0qxOH2qtHqv8pcAKAHaIy%26pid%3DApi%26h%3D160&f=1&ipt=c23021e5a3ee1b3c3c20f0f1bd89c1d5778f002b52386cf0ce24fbb131dd4c57&ipo=images

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2770517529/ (at 1:04)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2024 10:18 pm
The TV has been showing James Cagney westerns. Right now it's Tribute to a Bad Man. Earlier one in which he fights Humphrey Bogart and Ward Bond. I've always loved these guys.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2024 10:48 pm
Wallace Beery

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2024 06:32 am
I can’t post due to narrow bandwidth issues while in Namibia. However, I loved Mae West. When I can, I’ll post a link to her . She was great with WC Fields. Though, they disliked one another intensely.
Mame

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2024 04:56 pm
@Ragman,
I loved Mae West, too ... what a caution Smile I'd love to have known Carole Lombard. She seemed like an IT star, from what I've read.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2024 11:18 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2024 10:43 pm
Buddy Ebsen dances with Shirley Temple
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2024 02:50 pm

Classic Stars · (Facebook)
·
Jack Benny: "There are only five real people in Hollywood. Everybody else is Mel Blanc."
Originally, the sound of the Maxwell car on Jack Benny's radio show was a pre-recorded sound effect on a phonograph record. However, during a live broadcast, Blanc noticed that the record player was not turned on for the crucial moment when the effect was supposed to play. He quickly grabbed the microphone and improvised the sounds himself, to the utter delight of the studio audience. Benny made it part of the program from then on and gave Blanc much larger roles to play in the show.
The sound Bugs Bunny makes while munching a carrot is actually Blanc munching on a carrot. He tried using celery, raw potatoes, and a lot of other things, but only a carrot would make that carrot crunching sound. According to Noel Blanc, Mel's son, Mel was not in fact allergic to carrots as was previously thought by many. People who worked in the sound studios believed this because they would see Mel spitting out the carrot after taking a bite. Mel did this because he could not speak with the carrot in his mouth and that was the only reason he spat it out.
Originally, voice artists were not given screen credit on animated cartoons. After he was turned down for a raise by tight-fisted producer Leon Schlesinger, Blanc suggested they add his name as Vocal Characterizationist to the credits as a compromise and omitted the name of any other voice actor that worked on the cartoon. Not only did it give greater recognition to voice artists from then on, it helped to bring Blanc to the public eye and quickly brought him more work in radio.
On January 24, 1961, Blanc was in a near-fatal car accident while many of the shows that required his services, most importantly "The Flintstones," were still in production. He did the voices of his characters in both his home bed and his hospital bed, in a full body cast and with all his "Flintstones" co-stars and recording equipment crowded into the same room.
While in a coma after the accident, doctors unsuccessfully tried to get Mel to talk. Finally, a doctor, who was also a huge fan of his cartoon characters, asked Mel "Bugs? Bugs Bunny? Are you there?" In Bugs Bunny's voice, Mel responded "What's up, Doc?". After talking with several other characters, they eventually lead Mel out of his coma.(IMDb)

Listening to the final radio season of The Cisco Kid, I heard Mel Blanc as a character named Porpherio, Pancho's cousin. This character rode with Cisco when the Pancho actor was too ill to perform. After the actor died, Porpherio became Pancho. - eb
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2024 11:08 am
Pople who grew up with TV think Clayton Moore is THe Lone Ranger. But true fans know it is really Brace Beemer. He was the Ranger a lot longer than Moore.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The old time stars I love
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 06/30/2024 at 11:31:13