Help Needed: Persistently Low Water Pressure in Shower Despite Troubleshooting

Mon 27 May, 2024 12:54 am
I've been experiencing persistently low water pressure in my shower for the past few weeks and it's starting to get frustrating. My house is 15 years old with copper pipes, and there's no issue with water pressure in the sinks or other faucets. I recently replaced the showerhead, but it didn't improve the pressure. The water heater was also recently inspected and is functioning well. I've tried cleaning the showerhead and checking for blockages, ensuring the main water valve is fully open, and looking for any visible leaks around the shower area, but nothing has worked. Could this be an issue with the shower valve or possibly a blockage within the pipes leading to the shower? I'm hesitant to start tearing into the walls without a clearer idea of what might be wrong. Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 441 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

edgarblythe

Mon 27 May, 2024 07:35 am
I suggest replacing the faucet. You could let the water run freely through the pipes long enough to tell if there is a blockage between removing the old and installing the new.
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 27 May, 2024 08:57 am
@Clayrince,
Has the shower ever shown acceptable pressure? Is this shower upstairs? Could be you are losing head from the elevation. You can fix this with a small pressure pump (example). If you remove the shower head, do you get a good rate of flow? Are there other water flows happening at the same time? Toilets, washing machines and dishwashers use a lot of water and can hurt your flow.
0 Replies

Mame

Mon 27 May, 2024 02:15 pm
I have this problem with the hot water faucet on my kitchen sink. It's barely more than a dribble and really irritating. This is the only place I'm having this problem. My son, who is a plumber, ordered and installed this faucet about 15 years ago. He thinks the plastic pipe inside the faucet is plugged up a bit and needs to be flushed. We have hard water here so it's a common problem. That may be what's happening to you. When it's in just one location, it's a pretty simple diagnosis.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Help Needed: Persistently Low Water Pressure in Shower Despite Troubleshooting
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/07/2024 at 10:27:04