An answer to a question I was asked

Thu 28 Mar, 2024 08:22 pm
And that question was--- You ask your scholars to prove it wasn't 10 years after Elijah was taken to heaven and The point is--No one entered heaven prior to Jesus.

Well, I don't have to prove it wasn't ten years after Elijah was carried up to heaven in a chariot of fire, from where he is soon to descend and prepare the way for the Lord, who is coming to defend his chosen people from those nations that surround Jerusalem and would drive his people into the sea. [That terrible day of God's wrath]

The Word of God tells me that Elijah sent a message to Jehoram the son-in-law of King Ahab, who succeeded to the throne of Israel after the death of king Ahaziah his brother-in-law, then, after the death of his father Jehoshaphat, he ruled the land of Judah also, but the scriptures give no information as to the date that Elijah was translated.

The Word of God simply says that the time had come for Elijah to be taken up. Which I assume was when the young farm boy Elisha, who had never attended one of the many prophetic schools, but had become an apprentice to Elijah, was finally qualified to succeed his master, which would have been after he had sent that famous message to Jehoram.

As to your point, ''No one entered heaven prior to Jesus,'' The word ''BUT'' means ‘EXCEPT’ when it is used after words such as all, everything/nothing, everyman/no man, everybody/nobody, etc.

From,John 3, 13; ''Moreover, 'NO MAN' has ascended into heaven 'BUT=EXCEPT' he that descended from heaven, the Son of Man.''

And that EXCEPTION was the 365 years old Enoch, whose life was ransomed by the blood of righteous Abel. that's why it is written that the blood of Christ [which saves many] does much better things than the blood of righteous Abel [which could save only one man]

Hebrews 12, 24; You have come to Jesus whose sprinkled blood says much better things than the blood of Abel.

"The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before my face into eternity."

And the archistratiege Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord’s face.
And the Most-High said to the glorious creatures that surrounded him, tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before my face into eternity," and the glorious creatures bowed down to the Lord, and said: "Let Enoch go [Or be released] according to Thy word." Enoch was the first to be released.

And the Lord said to Michael: "Go take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of my glory."

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the sun’s rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 102 • Replies: 0
Topic Closed
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » An answer to a question I was asked
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:51:13