Visitation Dreams

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2024 11:24 am
Has anyone had one before? What do you think? Do you think you are actually visited by the spirit of a loved one? Or do you feel this is your own mind's way of comforting you?

Curious because I had visitation dream and it did comfort me and at the same time made me miss my loved one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 293 • Replies: 9
No top replies

The Anointed

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2024 04:40 pm
@RPhalange,
Quote:
Has anyone had one before?

Yes, many times. But not from the dead, only the living.

When referring here, to the fourth dimension I am speaking of the Minkowskian notion of time as being the fourth dimension. As in the fact that we can move forward and backward, [One dimension], sideways, [Two dimensions], up and down, [Three dimensions], and through time; [Four dimensions], and not that which is called 4- dimension Euclidean space.

We all have the ability to enter into our innermost being and mentally regress and merge with the mind of an ancestor and to mentally relive the life and times of he/she, who we once were.

Come travel with me on a journey through time Not in some capsule but in our own minds To the innermost sanctuary will we descend To that single cell from which we began In the Holy of Holies where all are one Where all of space and time is joined We’ll mingle there with other minds From other lands in other times Minds of the past who seem dead and gone And minds of the future who are yet unborn. For they in their times whether here on this world Or some distant planet to which they’ve been lured Will enter their innermost sanctuary too And perhaps in there they might merge with you. Ahh! To travel through space in the wink of an eye Merged with a child from some world way up high Now, if this be but madness then madness it be But, come my mad brothers, come----follow me! ……… The Anointed

Carl Sagan in his old TV program, which I believe was called “The Cosmos”, speculated that a two dimensional being having length and breadth would experience his world as a one-dimensional world.

Having only length and breadth and no height, it would not be able to look down on any two-dimensional object in its world and would only see a line which would appear to be the length of the object, irrelevant as to which direction it was seeing that object from. Unless the two dimensional being was lifted up by some unseen force, it would never know that the objects in its world had breadth as well as length.

We are fourth dimensional beings, who are able to mentally traverse time.
We are fourth dimensional beings, who, in a state of deep meditation or hypnosis, are able to descend into our inner most being where space and time are as one and relive memories back to and beyond our own birth, and there, we are able to merge with a living mind of our past [Who we once were] and experience the life and times of our living ancestor.

And while merged with a mind of our living ancestor, [Who we once were] our comatose body in the present will sometimes speak in the tongue of that ancient ancestor, which language is totally foreign to the comatose person in question, while the ancient ancestor in his own time, babbles incomprehensively, sometimes speaking in a strange tongue, in the as yet unknown language of his future descendant, in his attempt to give form and terminology to the visions that he is receiving from the mind of his as yet unborn descendant of the future, which terminology to express such visions have not even developed in his point in time.

That person is seen as a prophet, when speaking of a giant grasshopper that spits fire from its tail, with wings above its head that sound like the roaring of a mighty waterfall, in his attempt to describe an Apache helicopter as seen in a vision while merged with the future mind.

While drinking from God’s fountain, that vast and endless sea
I felt a strange sensation, as someone else there drank of Me. ……the Anointed.

We all remain alive, to one who can descend into his past. Having that ability to mentally descend into his past, many are they who have received a visitation from ‘The Son of Man’, who is currently still developing within the body of mankind, we call them prophets. Some are said to have spoken in strange tongues, when visited by one from the multi-celled Spiritual body of the ‘Son of Man’ who is said to evolve on the spirits of the righteous humans, which are gathered to him, (The Chosen Cornerstone) in the creation of the new temple=body of Light beings.
0 Replies

steve reid

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2024 03:50 am
RPhalange wrote:
Has anyone had one before?

I experienced such dreams after my fathers death

RPhalange wrote:
Do you think you are actually visited by the spirit of a loved one?

No, I don't believe in spirits

RPhalange wrote:
Or do you feel this is your own mind's way of comforting you?

No, I think the vivid dreams I had after my fathers death were the result of my heightened emotions, these emotions caused a surge of chemicals to be released into my brain which in turn exacerbated the emotions, and so I was caught in a vicious circle. As the nights went by and the chemical imbalance returned to normal so my dreams got less vivid.

This is how I have come to understand it
RPhalange

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2024 07:53 am
@steve reid,
Funny I understand the philosophy and so forth on various dreams. Even some psychologists believe it could be an actual visitation. There is really much we do not know beyond our physical world. Even studying people's mental health issues is difficult as it not physical; the brain is an incredible and complex organ.

What I found different is my dream 8 months after my loved one passed; not immediate or shortly after. I understand that certain reminders or stress could trigger this dream and as many psychologists/psychiatrists believe this sort of dream may be a way to comfort you and relieve some of your outer stress.

Others believe it can be an actual visit; that your dream state opens up your ability to see these sorts of things. I've never actually studied this to any degree so I am going off on some articles I have I read without too much depth. My dream fits some of those described as being a visitation beyond a dream. However, my "mental/educated" mind tells me types of dreams can be similar in scope to help deal with conscience mind going through stress.

Just thought it was interesting topic. In either case, it did help me a bit. It gave me a little inner peace.
Mame

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2024 08:42 am
@RPhalange,
I don't exactly know what you mean by 'visitation' - is it a dream?

Health professionals can't explain many, many things about our bodies; our minds are even farther from being understood. Given that we are unique, nobody can say or explain for certain what effect something (a vision, for example) has or should have on someone or what it means. Dream interpretation is like astrology - there are so many attempts to explain what is and what happens. It's all interpretive. People like to understand cause and effect and are uncomfortable, in the main, with not knowing or not being sure.

When I've had a dream, I go more on the general feeling of it rather than trying to interpret it literally. Only you can say (if you even can) what that visitation meant to you and why it happened and why it happened when it did. Could be your subconscious was still processing? There are some things we're just never going to know.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2024 09:07 am
I didn't get a chance to tell my mother goodbye. One night in a dream I tried to arouse her with CPR so I could tell her. She sat up briefly, looked at my toddler daughter for a few instants, then closed her eyes as she fell back. Never glanced at me. That's why I believe all these kinds of dreams are only the mind's working according to the stress.
Which is why I feel the following was only a dream.
One night after my brother died I was asleep when I felt him slide into the bed next to me. I felt his warmth. But when I woke up I was disappointed because I knew it was only dreaming.
RPhalange

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2024 10:41 am
@edgarblythe,
To Mame as well -

The dream about your brother fits in more of what some call a visitation dream. You actually felt your brother and usually these "dreams" are positive. The fact that you felt his warmth hints of a visitation.

I am not saying I believe this is a true visitation, it makes me wonder and reading some of this because my "dream" felt as if this person was really visiting me; it was a wonderful experience whether simply a dream or not.

Mame - visitation dream is what some believe is an actual visit from a loved one that has passed away; not an actual dream that you normally have.

This is what I pulled from what seems to be a simple description of what is believed of a visitation dream:

"These are dreams that occur to the bereaved where the bereaved is “visited” by a deceased someone they knew or loved. I have called attention to the fact that these visitation dreams are not experienced as mere dreams by the bereaved as many are utterly convinced that their deceased loved ones were really there with them in the room and that they touched, embraced and communicated in the night. Equally importantly, these visitation dreams are therapeutically beneficial for the bereaved as they are comforted by the visitation."

And here are some characteristics of these dreams:

"They are described as having a different quality to them than regular dreams in that they feel very real. The deceased appear healthy and whole again. They also often appear younger than when they died. The message they bring is usually one of reassurance and comfort. Sometimes the message might contain a warning or some special guidance. Dreamers describe the communication with the deceased as being telepathic since no actual words are exchanged. These dreams tend to arouse strong emotions for the dreamer and ultimately help them to cope better. "

There is much interesting reading about the subject. And having this dream has peaked my interest in the subject especially as it describes by dream almost scary close. Now I know in my head that my brain is likely pulling this together to help comfort me/relieve stress and I certainly welcome that. But I also now feel some sort of peace that I cannot describe.

Mame

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2024 11:51 am
@RPhalange,
There's only one thing I know for certain and that's that we no nothing for certain about anything. We're being proven wrong about ideas and suppositions all the time.

I'd just go on my gut. It doesn't matter why something happens - it just did. You can ask someone why they said or did something, and they may THINK they know, but their supposition could be 100% wrong. So, it really doesn't matter why. All that matters is how you feel and what you do about it.

Re: visitations - I don't know that I've ever had one. But I think it's cool that it's a possibility.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2024 12:10 pm
My dream re my brother was a positive happening. But realistically body warmth is only feasible from a living body.
0 Replies

steve reid

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2024 03:10 pm
@RPhalange,
Yes it is an interesting topic, the brain being a powerful and as you say complex organ which works in mysterious ways we don't understand. If your dream/visitation helped you and gave you inner peace then that can only be a good thing.

I accept it is possible that a dream state could open up the mind and give us the ability to perceive things in a way we don't in our waking state, but for a visitation to occur it would mean at death that some part of the brain/mind continues on as a spirit, which for me is too much of a stretch, it is into the realms of fantasy, and yet......

I like to keep an open mind on such things, and I've been wrong about a lot of things in life so who knows, if I ever experience a visitation I would then have a rethink
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Visitation Dreams
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 06:54:10