Old Scanner/Photo Program

Seizan

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2024 12:16 am
Years ago I had a scanner/photo program called "Image PALS2Go!". It would scan my documents and create a file with .ALA extension (Alacrity). It was a compressed file so I could have multiple pages per file. One .ALA file could have several pages if I wished (usually I had 3 to 8 pages or reports per file). The Pals2Go! program would open them for viewing or printing, playing them like a slide show.

I have many old files I want to access for research, but the program is not compatible with Win10. I run the compatibility program but it will not open. I rename the file extension as .jpg and it can only open the first page of any multi-page file.

The Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter only goes as far back as WinXP. The old Alacrity and PALS2Go! programs may have been made for Win98, or even 95... It was long ago, probably when I used one of those.

Has anyone had this old program before, and how were you able to overcome the problem of opening the files?

A few programs show up on Google using the name "Alacrity" but they are not the imaging program attached to the PALS2Go! program.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 142 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Old Scanner/Photo Program
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:17:42