Black Mold in Rental Property

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2024 12:28 am
I'm currently renting an apartment, and I've noticed some black mold growing in the bathroom. I'm concerned about my health and want to address the issue, but I'm not sure about the best course of action considering I'm a tenant.

Here are some key points about my situation:

The black mold is primarily in the grout lines between tiles and around the bathtub.

I've informed my landlord about the mold, but they seem slow to respond or take action.

I'm unsure if this is solely a cleaning issue or if there's a deeper problem with moisture or ventilation in the apartment.

I'd like to know what my rights are as a tenant when it comes to dealing with black mold. Thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 267 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Mame

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2024 10:16 am
@tacomamold,
Why don't you google how to deal with it? If there's not a lot, you can probably take some bleach to it.

Your rental rights should be online in your state.

Please put your request or concerns to your landlord in writing. You can write to him as such: "Further to our phone conversation of [date], I am attaching some pictures of the mold in the bathroom."

Etc. Always put it in writing and document any conversations you had with your landlord.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 11:57 am
@tacomamold,
They have special tools you could purchase to detect if the mold is bad.
You also have solutions to mix the mold in and even lab tests.

I have black-mold, had to scrap it off, and apply anti-mold, then paint it
after it was dried. In fact to get rid of it the entire area needs to replaced.
I think you should be scared if it looks odd. The reality is that mold is everywhere, and if the area is damp enough it could grow. Untamed mold
could get big like coral-reefs. But again mold varies.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Black Mold in Rental Property
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:44:45