Neighbors dogs wander the streets and disrupt the neighborhood.

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2024 12:47 pm
I live in the country and there is a leash law but I have two or three neighbors that allow their dogs to just wander the roads. The problem is when my dogs see them they go crazy and the noise is non-stop until the wandering dogs get out of sight. They are really sweet dogs and wouldn't hurt anyone however they are disrupting the neighborhood and causing my dogs anxiety which in turn causes me anxiety.
So the neighbors Must think its all ok because they are not worried about the dogs hurting anyone. However are they oblivious to the fact that they are disrupting everyone else's dogs? Or they just really dont care?
Has anyone ever had this issue in the past and how did you fix it?

What's the best route to take to get a handle on this issue without having everyone in the neighborhood dislike you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 113 • Replies: 2
No top replies

hightor

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2024 01:19 pm
@sirbills,
Most towns have an "animal control officer". If there's one where you live, keep a journal, maybe take a few pictures, and explain the situation. Leash laws were enacted for specific reasons – for the safety of people, wildlife, and the dogs themselves. I've seen a dog chasing a deer and getting so carried away with the pursuit that it almost caused a serious accident.
0 Replies

RPhalange

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2024 02:19 pm
@sirbills,
You have a couple of options: talk to the dog owners or report them to your local authority.

On a side note, if these same dogs end up following the law as in being leashed. What is the difference if these dogs are now walked on a leash down the street or allowed to roam to your dogs? Will your dogs still go crazy making noise while in sight of being walked on a leash?

My dog does this, whenever someone is out walking their dog or the one dog allowed out without a leash is wandering. He does not know the difference and will be barking and running from window to window until they are out of sight whether leashed or not.

I do agree dogs should be leashed though, just thought I do not think having them leashed will solve your problem.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Neighbors dogs wander the streets and disrupt the neighborhood.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 10:58:56