DNA

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2024 11:52 pm
I have a grandson who has always wondered about his heritage.He’s twenty five , so I purchased a dna test.This will change his life forever.His father in prison is not his dad .My daughter got extremely angry with me.She would have continued this lie if not for the dna test .My wife has always believed her which has always created friction between us. I am very disappointed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 410 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2024 05:03 pm
@only1bob,
At some point, your daughter would have to realize that the jig is up. I think she's more angry at you for figuring it out and facilitating the revelation versus there being a revelation in the first place. At least, I would hope that to be the case.

Family secrets such as these are a lot harder to keep these days, as opposed to a generation ago or even ten or so years ago. Easy access to DNA testing can bring with it some uncomfortable revelations.

So, maybe give your wife and daughter some grace and some time to process all of this. You brought the truth out. It would have come out sooner or later. Now, maybe your family can start to embrace the new reality and move forward.
only1bob

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2024 06:18 pm
@jespah,
Thanks
0 Replies

RPhalange

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2024 10:52 am
@only1bob,
Quote:
He’s twenty five

Why is she angry? He is 25 so he could easily have bought it for himself and if he was really interested he would have. Makes no sense. Not like he is 5.
only1bob

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2024 11:16 am
@RPhalange,
We were all deceived for 25 years until we got the truth. It’s hard to comprehend how my daughter could hold such a secret . My feeling is all children should have dna test at birth when possible. Healing comes from within, with faith .
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2024 08:40 pm
@only1bob,
But in the end, what really changes? Nothing. A couple of names get crossed. Nothing else changes.
only1bob

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2024 10:33 am
@bobsal u1553115,
A whole new family is connected,which I hope will be open to my grandson.Things area always changing in the real world. DNA testing is changing people’s lives.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2024 06:51 pm
@only1bob,
Changes nothing.
0 Replies

BobbyWooFa

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2024 04:19 am
@only1bob,
Is this how Saga started out?
https://markscheppmann.files.wordpress.com/2023/03/game-boy-popsickle-pin.jpg

Sword of Omens and I'll watch as a new Gun law gets passed as ten new Call of Duty and Resident Evil games are made (All manner of food is canned all matter of manpower and credentials, like Munches Oddysee. Canned too. But you know..We have a group Sudatory. And most of us feel like we have to say things like we know it i has flaws but. Holiday neutral cups and exonerate everyone, except the people who say that voting for someone means that you have overheated ganglia.)
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2024 12:38 pm
@only1bob,
It changes nothing because being in the "family" has very little to with DNA except by assumption. When you marry another with children, those children are family.

Hell with any opinion otherwise. Acceptance is such a tough thing for for a nation that claims to be a melting pot of nations. Now we have to vet DNA, too? Bullshit.
only1bob

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2024 02:59 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
That is your perception, it has changed my family .
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » DNA
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 11:23:01