First time infidelity

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2023 09:38 pm
Hi everyone. I'm a 25 year old guy from the UK. My girlfriend has recently been unfaithful towards me for the first time and I am struggling to get over and accept what actually happened. I have forgave my girlfriend and I still love her despite this. I just can't seem to move past it all and I keep on thinking about the other dude who she cheated with. It's like he is living rent free in my head. Any advice, or just having someone to speak with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 236 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2023 09:39 am
@Commanders16,
The best person who actually can provide meaningful help or answers is your girlfriend. I wish you well.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2023 09:44 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

The best person who actually can provide meaningful help or answers is your girlfriend. I wish you well.

Or a good individual or couples' therapist.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2023 10:16 am
There's no forgiving without forgetting. It's time for you to drop it, whether you and your GF stay together or not.

Please do not become "that" bitter guy.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2023 11:24 am
I think it's important to know why she cheated, as in will she cheat again?
LynnieB

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2023 05:08 pm
@Commanders16,
How long has it been since your girlfriend was unfaithful? If it was very recently, it is normal to have lingering thoughts. If it has been a good while, you have to decide to move forward with her and leave him in the past or to move on without her.

Your girlfriend's actions need to show that she is remorseful and you can trust her now. If you feel you can trust her and she is worth being with, you need to focus on rebuilding your relationship.
Commanders16

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2023 11:53 am
@Mame,
Eh, it’s difficult to say because I never expected infidelity to creep into our relationship to begin with. She has reacted to it though in a positive manner. Deeply regrets what happened with the other guy.
0 Replies

Commanders16

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2023 11:54 am
@LynnieB,
October 28th.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » First time infidelity
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 07:12:00