How do I break free from the bondage of Facebook?

Lawrie

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2023 06:40 am
A fortnight ago a communicator on Facebook warned me that he had received a 'weird' message from me. I had been hacked, and told my communicators so, with apologies. Then I received a message from Facebook that because of 'unusual activity' on my account, it had been locked. As requested, I sent Facebook photographs and documents for reinstatement, but to no avail or acknowledgement. When I sought help from Chat it became clear that I was communicating with a product of Artificial Intelligence. Being over 8O, Facebook was valuable for keeping in touch with family and former colleagues. I am now too nervous about Facebook's security and its lack of assistance that I no longer wish to be a member. But it seems that to do this, I must be logged into an account I continue to be locked out of. Can anyone please tell me if there is another way to cancel my account, or must my account endure without my consent, a prey to hackers?
With Kind Regards and Thanks, Laharna.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 205 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2023 07:10 am
@Lawrie,
Half the people I know get hacked on Facebook. Since you cannot log into your account and delete it you can try emailing them and request your account to be deleted. Don’t be surprised if you don’t hear back. They rarely respond.

[email protected]
Mame

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2023 10:46 am
@Lawrie,
I would suggest creating a new email account and then creating a new FB account. I tried to delete my FB three years ago and it's still going strong except I never post to it. You can't delete it so you just have to ignore it.
Lawrie

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2023 11:01 pm
@jcboy,
Dear jcboy,
Thank you for your informative reply. It seems that I won't get a response to a request to delete my Facebook account. Is it safe to abandon it, if there is a risk of hackers? With Thanks and Regards, Laharna.
0 Replies

Lawrie

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2023 11:04 pm
@Mame,
Dear Mame,
Thank you for your reply. Rather than creating a new email account, I will abandon my Facebook one to the fates. I think being locked out is humiliating, anxiety-inducing and unfair to the innocent.

With Thanks and Regards,
Laharna
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How do I break free from the bondage of Facebook?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 11:15:35