What do I do with my boyfriend?

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2023 01:37 pm
we're 27 and been together for 3 years.

my dad died and left me some money so I am fortunate enough to be able to buy myself a small flat next year.

I told my boyfriend this and he said he would absolutely NOT move into this property and would rather live separately if this were the case.

Added to this I've had to move home w/ my mum so he has got a house mate for our current flat we lived in together. He told me he wouldn't move anywhere else or wait for me because it's so cheap and didn't want to move anywhere different. I wanted to as it's very small and I mainly WFH.

I just feel like this is a massive deal and he isn't making a life for US but just for HIM.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 334 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2023 02:00 pm
@lilypelie,
Maybe it's time for the commitment talk. Ask if he wants a marriage in future; kids in future. Does his answers match your expectations? If not. Walk away from the relationship.
0 Replies

Jamessmith0901

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2023 07:08 pm
@lilypelie,
If your boyfriend is unwilling to live with you in the new flat you are purchasing, and is not willing to compromise on living arrangements, it may be a sign of incompatible goals and values. It is important to communicate your needs and assess whether this relationship is right for you.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2023 03:05 am
@lilypelie,
Instead of creating yet ANOTHER topic on this issue, why not just look at your MANY old ones on this SAME subject and review the advice you've ALREADY been given?
lilypelie

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2023 03:30 am
@Mame,
I think that's a bit unwarranted, I'm in a bit of a pickle and just want some advice.

After the death of my father this year and the potential break up with my boyfriend, it's all a little much and I want to make sure I'm making the right choice!

Thanks
Mame

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2023 05:26 am
@lilypelie,
It's bloody-well not unwarranted at all. Stop making new posts about the same thing!

You've gotten advice, the same advice, I might add, in every single one of them. Drop your damn boyfriend. Take a break from him. Whatever. Go back and reread the responses.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2023 04:46 pm
@lilypelie,
Are you willing to cave in?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What do I do with my boyfriend?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/16/2024 at 01:40:15