Is it normal for someone in their 30s to NOT be financially helping their parents?

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2023 08:36 am
If not, is it normal for someone in their early thirties to not be financially helping their parents?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 246 • Replies: 5
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2023 09:20 am
@endlesshunting,
Short answer:
Yes.

Long answer:
Are you a $millionaire or $billionaire? You should be financially helping your parents if money is a problem for them. If you are not a $millionaire or $billionaire? Then see my previous answer.
0 Replies

KellyG3098

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2023 09:45 am
If you are able to financially help support your parents and they are incapacitated in some way, I am not sure why you wouldn't want to help them.

In my late thirties, I chose to financially support my mother due to the fact that she was struggling with personal issues and could no longer afford to support herself financially. I still support her in this capacity. I am not rich by any means.

The other alternative, well, not sure there is one. I suppose I could let her be homeless or figure out how to support herself in her mid-70's.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2023 02:55 pm
@endlesshunting,
Of course it is. If your parents have got it together financially, then they don't need help.

Are your folks trying to make you feel guilty for not handing over $$?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2023 03:08 pm
@endlesshunting,
If you are in your early thirties, your parents should be in their high income years, when the kids are out of the house and they are well established in their jobs. In most Western cultures it is generally an unusual situation if the children are supporting the parents. Maybe not so much in other cultures.
0 Replies

Yalow

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2023 05:37 pm
Yes.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is it normal for someone in their 30s to NOT be financially helping their parents?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 06:18:25