Who is good with cars?

Tone022

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2023 05:50 pm
Seems like such a broad board so I'm gonna post about my car. Driving a 2014 VW Jetta and the EPC light coming on and off this summer. Had a full throttle replacement a month ago, cause this is what it indicated. Came on again a wk and half ago, but nothing since. Is it ok?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,182 • Replies: 4
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2023 06:13 pm
@Tone022,
There are a few members who are very smart about car insiders. I check to see if I can find the names......one person has a name similar to leadfoot, but I have to double check.
0 Replies

karobs

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2023 11:13 pm
@Tone022,
If you've already had the throttle body changed, but the EPC light is still on, there may be something else wrong with the car. It's important to have a skilled mechanic look at the car to find out what's wrong and how to fix it.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2023 11:19 am
Stating the obvious, why not return it to the mechanic that did the initial repair? That’s what I would do next and see what year she says. Then you can go from there but not until they state their case. Could be something simple like a disconnected vacuum line or something in the pollution control chain of parts
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2023 04:28 pm
@Ragman,
Good answer.
0 Replies