Connecticut TV character

Seizan

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2023 09:36 pm
Back in the 1950's-1980's, Joey Russell played Happy the Clown and Colonel Clown on Channels 8 and 30 (Hartford and New Haven channels, I think). He did a little routine with a song called "Happystix" or "Happy Stix". I recall a few lines (it was a short song) but I can't get the tune out of my head now (my 7-y/o granddaughter here in Japan is singing a song with exactly the same tune but very different Japanese words and meaning).

Does anyone here remember the whole set of lyrics?

Happy Stix, Happy Stix,
All your troubles they will fix!
(missing line)
With your Hap Hap Happy Stix!

There may have been more to the song, I don't remember.

Driving me up a wall...

Need my Happy Stix...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 722 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Seizan

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2023 10:58 pm
My sister in Arizona saw this post and she remembered!

"Happy Sticks, Happy sticks,
all your troubles they will fix,
all you have to do is SMILE,
with your happy, happy sticks."

Strange this would get us back in touch -- we haven't seen each other for about 40 years, and haven't had each other's e-mail addresses for probably more than 20...!

I didn't know she was a member here (she never posts, but loves to lurk). She didn't know me by the name I use here, either. So now she's doing a search and reading up on all the cat news and other threads. She said she read some of the cat stuff before and was even following some of my advice, but didn't know it was me posting...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Connecticut TV character
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 11:53:47