Gene Sterling

kim323

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2023 09:26 am
I have a large framed painting by Gene Sterling titled “Conquistador.” It’s signed and on the back of the frame is a label. I’ve done as much research as I can and I understand the painting is a reproduction of another painting. Evidently Sears Roebuck sold these in the late 1960s.

I frankly don’t care for the painting and am thinking of using the large very attractive frame for a Giclee print.

Would anyone kindly tell me if there’s any value to this painting? If it’s of some use somewhere I’d like to know before removing the painting from the frame. Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 211 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2023 09:49 am
@kim323,
I blame Google.

There are no professional art appraisers here at a2k. Let alone someone who will offer FREE (NO CHARGE) art appraisal services.
kim323

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2023 10:48 am
@tsarstepan,
I’m not trying to be cheap. I’m looking for any information about this painting and about Gene Sterling. I have researched all I can about him and his paintings. I’m asking if anyone here has heard of him. I never had until I was given this painting.

You’re right. Google has a number of links regarding Sterling’s art but it’s very meager and exceedingly repetitive.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Gene Sterling
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/07/2024 at 05:32:58