Are these signs of a possessive partner or just a partner that loves you a lot?

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2023 06:30 pm
My partner consistently tells me he wants to be with me all the time including living together. Even when I spend time with my grown child he gets antsy. I’m getting the feeling that he acts like this because of possessiveness and not because he says he loves me.
He remarks that I don’t communicate with him enough but when he texts I do reply quickly and sometimes I am the one to text first during the day. We see each other every weekend which consists of Thursday night until mid day Sunday usually.
We went away last month and we’re together for 13 straight days and we get along but he still says when we’re apart during the work week he mentions oh I can’t I don’t like it without you here and I can’t wait for us to live together full-time, etc. etc.
Is this possessiveness or someone who just truly wants to spend as much time with me as he can? The perplexing thing is that he has a lot more friends and family in his area that I do and he does see them on occasion, but he still wants to be with me essentially all the time, even when that means I may want to be with my own family.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 301 • Replies: 3
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2023 06:56 pm
@Columbia711,
Your partner sounds like a nightmare. He's extremely possessive and he will ruin your family time.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2023 10:01 am
@Columbia711,
How do you feel when you're with your partner?
0 Replies

FredBquick

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2023 03:04 pm
What is really needed is communication of the issues, one who is loving will change things for your sake.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are these signs of a possessive partner or just a partner that loves you a lot?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 1.71 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 04:48:49