Grammar question

Oldy

Reply Wed 31 May, 2023 02:23 pm
Just fielding a question. My whole life I have not been able to learn proper grammar rules, even as a child. English is my first and only language. I was and am very fussy with proper spelling of words by way of a dictionary in early grade school and Google now (I am almost 65 ) and read well but I am wondering why I could never learn grammar rules, it just seemed incomprehensible to me. I have tried those quizzes on social media once in a while to test my English knowledge, usually they have results advising that I most likely passed grade 2 but not to give up. I am tending to blame my issue on a type of learning disability ( there are other issues I have where certain concepts are beyond me and out of my grasp although they should not be). Any opinions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 211 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Mame

Reply Wed 31 May, 2023 05:43 pm
@Oldy,
What do you particularly have trouble with? Can you provide some examples?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 31 May, 2023 06:30 pm
Your writing, at least, is standard.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2023 07:26 am
Up to school we absorb gramar rules, at school we learn them, and after school: we teach them, learn them and alter/forget them.

Grammar is alive and evolving.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Grammar question
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 11:58:06