What are your thoughts on watching youtube reactions of people reacting to something on youtube?

Reply Sun 28 May, 2023 03:22 am
What are your thoughts on watching youtube videos of seeing a person
reacting to something that they are seeing or hearing for the first time?

1. I occasionally will watch a youtube reaction video of someone reacting to some of my favorite songs.

2. If the person is not hearing the song for the first time, I won't be interested in watching that person's reaction.

3. I prefer watching youtube reaction of people reacting to something that's (not) part of their generation.

4. For example, I prefer watching a person who was born in the 1990s and 2000s reacting to songs from the 1970s
and 1980s.

5. Another example, I prefer watching a person who was born in the 1960s and 1970s reacting to the current new songs
of today.

6. This doesn't just apply to songs and music.

7. I like watching people react to sports clips, movie clips, tv clips, comedy clips, etc.

8. The four most important things to me when watching a reaction video on youtube are:

First, that I am interested in the content that is being reacted to.
Second, the person doing the reacting is seeing or hearing content for the first time.
Third, the reaction is genuine and not fake.
Fourth, I prefer that the person is reacting to something that is not part of their generation.

9. If I think the reaction is fake, I will immediately stop watching the reaction video.

10. If I think the person is being (disingenuous) when they say that this is their first time hearing a song or seeing a video clip, I will immediately stop watching the reaction video.

11. If the person interrupts and stops the song or video (way too much), I will never watch another reaction video by that person ever again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,029 • Replies: 21
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 28 May, 2023 09:33 am
@Real Music,
I've occasionally watched Twins the New Trend, as they are teenaged boys who listen to 70s and 80s stuff. But sometimes, yeah, they overdo the stop and start, and I suspect at least a part of their reactions are staged. Hey, this is likely to be their livelihood, so I can understand that.

But they can also be funny. And they seemed to genuinely like Dolly Parton's Jolene, Steely Dan's Do it Again, and Phil Collins's In the Air Tonight (particularly the drum solo).

But like a lot of other stuff on YT which was kinda cool, it's definitely overdone these days.
thack45

Reply Sun 28 May, 2023 01:53 pm
@Real Music,
Oh man I'd forgotten about those! A couple years ago I stumbled on an opera singer listening and reacting to Pantera's Cemetery Gates, and definitely got sucked in for a while. Not so much a generational juxtaposition as one of genre, but having come up on a consistent diet of 80s-90s thrash metal, I enjoyed watching a musically literate individual deconstuct an old favorite, as well as lend a bit of legitimacy to my old position that despite what you might think, it's not all just screaming and noise (just most of it). The Charismatic Voice

The mass of overly performative reactions absolutely outweighs the good stuff, but I get the sense that that's what a lot of people actually want out of these vids. That's probably just as well too, as I could waste a lot of time going down memory lane.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 30 May, 2023 06:02 am
@Real Music,
I think they're all good. It's interesting to see someone experience something for the first time and talk about it in the moment.
PoliteMight

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2023 10:44 am
@Real Music,
Youtube is basically TV along with Break, and any other clones.
Channel101.com is the original.

My opinion it depends on the kind of "reaction". If they have there own
"Two cents" then maybe but beyond that in terms of information gathering
nope and is pointless.

It is like "hey is my invisible friend called a reaction video".
Real Music

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2023 08:32 pm
@jespah,
1. I think I started watching youtube (reaction videos) probably around three to four years ago.

2. When I first started watching (reaction videos) three to four years ago, I watched a lot of reaction videos.

3. Being that it was a new thing to me, I was drawn into watching more and more.

4. After the newness of this had worn off, I had reduced how much I watch to just occasionally.

5. In the beginning I would type in specific songs by specific artists to see if there were anyone doing any reactions
to the songs I chose.

6. Eventually, I would start to see some of the same people doing reactions to the songs I chose.

7. I started to gravitate to certain reactors.

8. Some reactors became favorites.

9. Some reactors I discovered I didn't particularly like.

10. Over time, I discovered which reactors I enjoy watching.

11. I started to look and see what songs they were reacting to.

12. If my favorite (reactors) were reacting to a song I wanted to see, I would then watch that particular reaction.

13. I won't even watch my favorite reactors unless they are reacting to a song or clip that actually interest me.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2023 08:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I think they're all good.

1. Some are good.
2. Some are awful and hard to watch.
3. The ones that stop and go every 5 to 10 seconds are downright annoying.
4. I prefer some reactors personality over other reactors personality.

Quote:
It's interesting to see someone experience something for the first time and talk about it in the moment.

1. That's the biggest joy in watching reaction videos.
2. It's all about hearing a song or seeing a video clip for the first time.
3. It's all about the moment.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2023 09:31 pm
@PoliteMight,
Quote:
Youtube is basically TV along with Break, and any other clones.
Channel101.com is the original.

My opinion it depends on the kind of "reaction". If they have there own
"Two cents" then maybe but beyond that in terms of information gathering
nope and is pointless.

It is like "hey is my invisible friend called a reaction video".

1. I really enjoy watching various reactors reacting to this one specific song/video titled "Microphone Fiend"

2. This classic hip-hop song is by Eric B. & Rakim.

3. For anyone who has never heard this classic hip-hop song, I would love to see their in the moment reaction
when hearing it for very first time.

4. Also I really enjoy watching various reactors reacting to this one specific song/video titled "We Are the World"

5. This song/video was released in 1985 by a large group of legendary singers (U.S.A. For Africa)

6. I really love watching young people watching this music video for the first time.

7. I get a real kick out of reactors trying to identify each singer they recognize in this large group of singers.

8. That is a joy to watch and a beautiful thing to see.

9. Some reactors show genuine emotions of how so many great artists decades ago were able to get together in one place
to take part in this one special moment.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2023 04:48 am
I must admit I don't like videos of Americans reacting to Father Ted, or any other piece of Anglo-Irish comedy for that matter.

They all tend to say the same thing, that it's not like American comedy, which is hardly a revelation.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2023 04:51 am
Having said that I enjoy introducing my kids to programmes they've never seen before.

We recently watched Wild Palms, and are currently watching the 70s sitcom I Didn't Know You Cared.

Uncle Mort is wonderful.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2023 06:17 am

There's a lot of American food I avoid.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2023 07:18 pm
1. There is a comedian name Zach Rushing who does comedy bits on youtube.

2. He is quite funny.

3. There are a lot of people making youtube reaction videos to many of his comedy bits.

4. Many of the reaction videos of people reacting to his comedy bits are entertaining to watch.

5. Obviously, there will be some reactors more enjoyable to watch than others.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2023 08:19 pm
@Real Music,
I like to watch people reacting to things that are surprising to them and beyond their experience. For example, I like to watch very young people who aren't at all familiar with the director Alfred Hitchcock react to the movie "Psycho." What I like about it is that they are expecting something far more run of the mill and less clever than the movie actually is. I like it when millennials or Gen Z people react to a movie and initially expect it to be the kind of oversimplified, empty calories they've been brought up on, and are astonished by its brilliance.

Similarly, I like it when people in that age group who are completely ignorant of the history of rock react to something brilliant like "Chuck Berry," or "The Beach Boys," or something written by Carole King.
Real Music

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2023 10:30 pm
@Brandon9000,
1. It's like you are going back in time to when you were in your youth and experiencing that moment all over again through the eyes of today's youth.

2. That's the joy I get out of watching some od these reaction videos.
Real Music

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2023 10:52 pm
@izzythepush,
1. There is this one group of guys who I believe are British who make youtube reaction videos.

2. They call themselves Office Blokes.

3. Based on their reaction videos, I believe they are big fans of American comedy.

4. Office Blokes have done reaction videos to multiple Dave Chapelle comedy bits.

5. Office Blokes have done reaction videos to multiple Key & Peele comedy bits.

6. Office Blokes have also done reaction videos to portions of many Stand-up comics live performances.

7. Although comedy isn't the only thing Office Blokes react to, it is what I enjoy most about them.
Bogulum

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2023 05:27 am
I think it’s a pretty played-out premise at this point. If I see a favorite song or movie scene or something of mine getting a reaction I may still watch that. But generally the “reaction” YouTubes and Tiktoks and such have a contrived feel to them which makes them not very enjoyable imo.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2023 06:50 am
@Real Music,
I hadn't heard of them 'tilnow, but they all work in an office in Cheltenham so they are from here.

Never heard of Key and Peele.

I don't like Dave Chapelle.

As for stand up, that's pretty big ovrr here anyway and American, (and Australian, New Zealand and African,) stand ups are a regular feature on stand up shows like Live At The Apollo.

Some, like Reginald D Hunter, are better known over here than they are in their own country, like John Oliver over there.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2023 07:39 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

1. It's like you are going back in time to when you were in your youth and experiencing that moment all over again through the eyes of today's youth.

2. That's the joy I get out of watching some od these reaction videos.

I just like to see them surprised by how much more the movie or song is than they expected - maybe better than anything they've see before.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2023 07:42 am
@jespah,
When they first reviewed "Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry, they initially thought it was a song called "Chuck Berry" by a performer named Johnny B.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2023 12:22 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
I just like to see them surprised by how much more the movie or song is than they expected - maybe better than anything they've see before.

I enjoy seeing that as well.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What are your thoughts on watching youtube reactions of people reacting to something on youtube?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 12:39:39