Cps, Michigan Family Court question URGENT

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 11:17 am
In family court in Michigan for a CPS case do you get charged with a criminal charges? They had me take a plea deal that I didn’t want to even totake. I don’t understand why am pleainf into a criminal charge with Family Court. And long story short my daughters told me they have all been sexually abused. I live in Michigan in for months I called Cps. I’m trying to get help. Nobody helped me. I will shut down everywhere. Eventually my daughters got scared and wouldn’t talk about it anymore. Fast forward a few months. I’m still going crazy trying to figure out what’s going on in my family. I can tell the things with my kids are not OK. My 13-year-old daughter has been cutting her wrist. She was happy bright honor role student. I get worked up. I told him I’m going to take him to the hospital to get rape done on them. They run out the door upset they run to the neighbors neighbors called the police 45 minutes later I can tell he’s charges and I get thrown in jail. I’ve never been in trouble a day in my life, and I’ve never had a CPS case. This is just a short version. There is so much more harassment from the local police. I feel like they’re doing everything illegally. I have a court appointed attorney because my husband instead of me to talk about my case. Everything is going well with CPS case. They told me they were going to drop the court part of it and wrap it all up pretty soon because I was doing so well that we were. My husband moved out that’s all they changed. Do you know what happened? They dropped him off the CPS case and they told me I would continue doing services for at least a year. They still have not done any forensic interviews on my kids. This all doesn’t seem right to me. I really need some real help here. There’s a lot more than is going on but every time I reach out I don’t get any help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 221 • Replies: 3
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 12:06 pm
This is very confusing, I don't understand your questions at all.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 02:46 pm
@Chantelcronk,
Why are you frackking around an unknown web forum?! Why aren't you asking your court appointed attorney?

WE're not allowed (nor we actually qualified) to give out legal advice per the site's terms of service.

Quote:
In family court in Michigan for a CPS case do you get charged with a criminal charges?

Why couldn't they have the authority to press criminal charges? It's in their purview. ASK YOUR ATTORNEY.
0 Replies

huntclouds

Reply Mon 8 May, 2023 12:14 am
@Chantelcronk,
Okay, I can't say much because I am not legal advice. What I CAN say is my boyfriend went through an ish similar thing. Do not accept a court appointed attorneys advice to accept a plea deal without seeking the opinion of an outside legal mind on the matter FIRST. In Michigan, if there is any kind of physical or sexual abuse you can go on legal aid and get a free lawyer for it. I'd recommend that over the court appointed lawyer. My boyfriend back in 2017 got out of prison, came home to his daughter being removed from the mother's home on abuse and neglect charges. Court appointed attorney recommended he plead guilty to the abuse and neglect charges saying it will help speed the process along. Fast forward to 2018, his rights were terminated. After a two year game orchestrated by CPS and the northern MI county. Seek outside legal advice. The court appointed attorney is definitely in cohoots with that county court system bc they are PAID BY THEM. They don't care about you. They get paid either way. My boyfriend was IN PRISON for the abuse and neglect his daughter was subjected to, and they eventually terminated his rights - not for good enough reasons morally just legally.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Cps, Michigan Family Court question URGENT
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 06:41:08