Tapping as a way to fall asleep

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2023 11:55 am
Observations on tapping to help fall asleep:

If I don't start falling asleep almost immediately, I start tapping my fingers on my leg at a high rate and gradually slow down. It's interesting to note what happens.

When tapping, the mind stops thinking and concentrates on the tapping, but usually after a short period, the fingers stop tapping unconsciously and the thinking process begins. Once you became aware of this, you start tapping again and the thinking stops. This process happens over and over again until you finally fall asleep. Apparently, the mind can't concentrate on tapping and thinking at the same time and habit prefers thinking, so you have to consciously repeat the tapping process until sleep occurs.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 272 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2023 12:36 pm
@coluber2001,
I'm disappointed that this technique isn't about tap dancing yourself into sleep.
coluber2001

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2023 02:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
That would probably work too.
0 Replies

Seizan

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2023 08:22 pm
It's true. I've seen a lot of wrestlers tapping their fingers before going out like a light.

Personally though, rather than tapping fingers I find that petting the cat softly and gently puts me out.

Right up until she sneezes in my face...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tapping as a way to fall asleep
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:42:06