A March day in Texas weather wise.

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2023 02:20 pm
There is a saying, “March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb." This is especially relevant in Texas, because March usually brings extreme weather conditions like thunderstorms or tornadoes, and it began yesterday.

I was in the middle of my daily hike lying in a meadow basking in a warm glow because I had just hit 10 really nice 7 iron shots and retrieved the balls.

The dangerous-weather sirens went off in several areas, really irritating sounds. It's as difficult to ignore these squeals as it is to ignore the cries of a baby in distress, but I did to the best of my ability. Besides, I wanted to hit some more golf balls. So I did. But these shots were a series of duffs, so bad that I could retrieve them one by one immediately. I couldn't leave on a bad note, so I hit more and hit some beauties returning to my former glory and attributing my failures to the disquieting sirens. I retrieved the balls just in time for the storm to hit.

The sky turned an eerie orange color, and the crosswind hit all at once, though there was no rain. I took the hint and headed back. I was only a half mile from home so it might still be possible to miss the rain, and I missed it except for the last 300 yards. The rain hit hard in a strong crosswind from the left side. Consequently, my left side was soaked, but my right side, the lee side, remained relatively dry. I got that word "lee" from doing crossword puzzles, where it's ubiquitous. "To the sheltered side" is the clue. Remember that, it might come in handy some day.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 392 • Replies: 1
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2023 04:45 am
Over here March can go out with a bang. White Easters are more common than White Christmases as it's been cold for so much longer.

We don't have dangerous weather sirens though.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A March day in Texas weather wise.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 11:42:44