What can you see from where you are?

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:42 pm
I was just getting ready to go to bed when I heard the tell tale hoot of a bard owl "hooo cooooks for yooou.. whooo" - I looked out the window and there he is sitting high and mighty, just a few feet away in our big maple tree. There is a full moon and my husband is doing a midnight walk with the dogs, so the porch light is still on. I only have the upstairs hall light on and my big feathered friend is almost within petting distance. He has to hear me typing since the window is open, but he doesn't seem to care. He just hooted again. He is just the biggest, most beautiful sight in the moonlight....That ends the evening well. Goodnight, sweet dreams.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 627 • Replies: 17
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:50 pm
No owl here, but I do see the full moon as well, and since I live up the hill, the moon is very visible and bright, just
beautiful to look at.

I also see from my window all the city lights shining down below, which makes for quite a picturesque scenery.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 02:02 am
I definately need to move from this country.
I can see a main road, houses, trees, cars and rain.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 06:03 am
Material Girl - maybe we can do a vacation swap some time. It has been many years since I visited England and there is much I would like to see. I have to warn you though - I am in "the sticks" and a good 2.1/2 hours drive from NYC. During your stay you would have to feed the critters and water the plants.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 08:31 am
Oooh, an owl!!

If I look right, I see my backyard, very green but those horrible poison ivy vines taunting me. Hoped one of my bird visitors would be in view, but I don't see anyone right now. A cardinal family lives out there somewhere (I see the mom and dad all the time but know it's a whole family because I also recently saw the cardinal papa coaxing along the cardinal baby as baby was learning to fly -- and flew right onto the screen of my porch, all spread-eagled, with papa fussing around him, but he managed to fly off again), and various woodpeckers, and standard songbirds.

If I look left, I see my trumpet vines with a bunch of bees and the occasional hummingbird.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 11:19 am
If I look out the window to my right, I see my sideyard through the salvia branches - with raised planters, one full of irises, one of artichokes and thyme and marjoram, and two with different kinds of daylilies. Behind all that is a tall pittosporum tenuifolium hedge, with a redwood bench between two annabelle hydrangeas...

In front of me, a dark rose colored wall. To the left side, an empty white closet... I've been cleaning out m'closets lately.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 12:15 pm
Sounds lovely, Osso.

Someday, I want to pick your brain for what to do with my yard.

If that would be OK, of course.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 12:30 pm
I see another tall office building -- nothing exciting
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 12:42 pm
Of course.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 12:45 pm
From where I'm sitting right now, I can see...the end of an era.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 12:48 pm
Cool, Osso!

Which one, Kicky?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:36 pm
The "Kicky works at this hellhole that makes his stomach turn" era.

The end is near! Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:37 pm
Oh!!!

I'm out of the loop.

What's up?

If you don't want to summarize, can you point me in the right direction?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:43 pm
Nothing specific right now...but the wheels are in motion, things are happening, the check's in the mail...oh wait, that last one doesn't apply here, does it...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:46 pm
Hey, that sounds promising. Good for you. (Really moving to Florida?)
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:46 pm
From the top floor at the back of the house I can see the mountains in the distance from the front I can see the street and the space between the two houses of my neighbors over to the next street. To the left I see a house. To the right I see a parking lot and the roofs of a group of stores. (hey it's Vermont it's not the deep dark woods). Lower floors have similar views although the mountains can only be seen from the 3rd floor bath and one window in the room next to it. In addition to that I can see a tree from every window, even the ones overlooking the parking lot.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:50 pm
sozobe wrote:
Hey, that sounds promising. Good for you. (Really moving to Florida?)

Thanks. Not completely sure, but Florida is looking like a very, very strong possibility.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:04 pm
rain pouring out over the top of the eavestroughs at the front

sleeping dogs on either side of my chair

my new bike leaning on the sofa <still/again>

the fan turning back and forth on the to of the stair rail turning
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What can you see from where you are?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:06:08