Major argument before church (matching outfits)!

4thtwin

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 07:51 am
The wife and I had a major argument yesterday before church which set the tone for the entire day. Backstory: I'm 53 years old and I have an identical twin. My mom use to dress me and my brother like up until we probably hit jr high school (middle school these days) and then that's when we were allowed to pick out our own clothes. I want and have my own identity then and now.

I usually lay my clothes out for church on Sat. Pull a suit, shirt, and tie out of the closet and hang it up on the door. My wife will wait to see what I'm wearing then pull out a dress to match me. Sat I pulled out my blue suit with stripes of yellow in it. By the end of the day my wife had pulled out her yellow dress with hints of blue in it. Sunday morning while she was in the shower I changed suits and pulled out my brown suit. When I got out of the shower and went to the bedroom she asked me why I changed suits. I looked at her and calmly said, "I changed my mind and wanted to wear my brown suit." She then goes off on my like I was lying to her. She replied, "is that really why you changed suits or do you want me to tell you the truth?" Ok, at that point I read that to mean she's saying I was lying to her and she was going to tell me the real reason why I changed suits. Again, back to the twin thing. I have told my wife that I do not want to always go to church looking like her or even matching with her. Our outfits do not have to match simply because we're married. We're not going to walk into church and people are looking at us like, "look at them, they don't even match." At this point it was about 8:30 AM and we usually leave the house about 9:20 to make it to our 10 AM service. I was so heated until I took the brown suit and threw it back in the closet and put everything up because I wasn't even going to go to church that morning. This shocked my wife because she was still going on about why I changed my suit and now I'm just deciding not to go to church. I was in the living room by myself until about 9 AM only for her to come in there and still berate me about my clothes. I told her I changed my mind. Am I not entitled to change my mind about what I want to wear? Are men not allowed to change their minds ever. Typically my wife will pull out 2 or 3 dresses then decided on Sun morning which one she wants to wear and that's 100% ok. But the minute I change my mind about what suit I want to wear and she questions me on it I'm now lying to her.

What do you think about couples who always match or wear similar colors to complement each other? And did I lie to her or I just didn't want to look like twins going to church? Yeah, I could have just come out and say "becasue I don't want us to look like twins" but I tried to take the high road and say "I changed my mind."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 277 • Replies: 4
No top replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 08:34 am
@4thtwin,
Explain why you deliberately started a fight for a very stupid reason.
4thtwin

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 08:39 am
@neptuneblue,
No, I didn't start the fight, she did. When she asked me why I changed suits she wouldn't accept my answer "I just wanted to wear brown." She then comes back with "let me tell you why you changed suits." So she assumed I was lying to her and SHE was going to tell me the real reason. She just couldn't go with the answer and keep it moving.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 08:44 am
@4thtwin,
Yes, you started a fight. Why?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2023 01:21 pm
@4thtwin,
4thtwin wrote:

No, I didn't start the fight, she did. When she asked me why I changed suits she wouldn't accept my answer "I just wanted to wear brown." She then comes back with "let me tell you why you changed suits." So she assumed I was lying to her and SHE was going to tell me the real reason. She just couldn't go with the answer and keep it moving.

Doesn't matter Who started the fight. It's a pretty goofy hill to die on. You claim to be 53 years old. Your sentiment belongs to that person who has the emotional age of a petulant 13 year old. Both you and your wife are acting childish in obsessing on what color schemes does and does not match.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Major argument before church (matching outfits)!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 04:48:07