Interpreting Her Interest in Me

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2022 12:59 pm
I met a woman recently, and I feel a strong mutual attraction. I think she’s very closeted, though. These are the signs of interest she’s given me:

she pays more attention to me more than to other people; she smiles at me; she asks me to send her articles I talk about; she laughs at all of my silliness; she listens to what I’m saying to other people in a group; I get a very strong vibe from her. I tease her quite a bit and she laughs.

We haven't been alone together, yet, but e went out in a group a few nights ago, and she laughed at everything I said (I was trying to be funny), and she kept looking into my eyes. At one point, I said I was a bad girl, and she looked up at me with a kind of shy but really interested look in her eyes. She touched me on the shoulder and arm. She told me she was a tomboy when she was younger, and she told me to let her know when my band plays because she wants to come to the show. She actually told me again when she was leaving the bar -- she looked over her shoulder and said it in a flirty way.
She was at the bar paying her tab, and I was still sitting at the table with my head back against the wall. When I looked up, she was standing at the door half smiling/half laughing at me.

She emailed me yesterday about something and said she hopes to see me soon. I wrote back and invited her to a group hangout and she she said yes. Then, she accepted my FB request yesterday.

o you think she’s into me? This may sound like high school, but if I’m misinterpreting the signs, I’d rather not make a move.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 278 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2022 02:36 pm
@altbadgirl,
It's certainly possible (just to let you know, I'm a woman but not a lesbian) - it looks a lot like an attraction.

Why not ask her to a coffee? And have a lovely time, and at the end, ask if you can do it again but make it a real date.

1) She says yes! Awesome, please name your first kid after me. Very Happy
2) She says no. Dang. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, and now you know.
3) She gets scared/says she doesn't like you that way. Also a less than wonderful outcome, but you can always tell her that you enjoy her friendship and company and hope the two of you can still be connected as friends, even if won't be anything more.

Good luck to you!
altbadgirl

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2022 03:58 pm
@jespah,
Thank you Very Happy
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2022 03:15 am
@altbadgirl,
Is she in anyway attached?

I am comparing experiences and was noticing something like this elsewhere and I could see it becoming a massive thing.

altbadgirl wrote:

I met a woman recently, and I feel a strong mutual attraction. I think she’s very closeted, though. These are the signs of interest she’s given me:

she pays more attention to me more than to other people; she smiles at me; she asks me to send her articles I talk about; she laughs at all of my silliness; she listens to what I’m saying to other people in a group; I get a very strong vibe from her. I tease her quite a bit and she laughs.

We haven't been alone together, yet, but e went out in a group a few nights ago, and she laughed at everything I said (I was trying to be funny), and she kept looking into my eyes. At one point, I said I was a bad girl, and she looked up at me with a kind of shy but really interested look in her eyes. She touched me on the shoulder and arm. She told me she was a tomboy when she was younger, and she told me to let her know when my band plays because she wants to come to the show. She actually told me again when she was leaving the bar -- she looked over her shoulder and said it in a flirty way.
She was at the bar paying her tab, and I was still sitting at the table with my head back against the wall. When I looked up, she was standing at the door half smiling/half laughing at me.

She emailed me yesterday about something and said she hopes to see me soon. I wrote back and invited her to a group hangout and she she said yes. Then, she accepted my FB request yesterday.

o you think she’s into me? This may sound like high school, but if I’m misinterpreting the signs, I’d rather not make a move.
altbadgirl

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2022 07:56 am
@Mrknowspeople,
Yes, she is attached.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Interpreting Her Interest in Me
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:22:17