Counterproductive Leadership

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2022 11:53 am
-Apologized for cussing at me when addressing my performance and work completed in the last 6 months but told I needed to admit that was arguing- “I did not feel that I was arguing, I was communicating that I do not respond well with counterproductive behaviors such as yelling and cussing when being addressed.

-Counseled and directed to seek mental health without proper guidance or inquiry of any issues needing to be addressed. There have been multiple times I have been told that I am having “episodes” labeled subjectively by my leadership.

-After being formally counseled, If I don’t seek mental health counseling on my own my leadership is going to find me counseling or I was advised to confidentially confide in a close acquaintance of my first line leader about my subjectively labeled “outbursts”.

-I have not been formally counseled on any “outbursts” or “episodes” or asked about my state of mental health prior to this counseling.
Performance counseling: I was never addressed or guided in my poor performance prior to this counseling statement.

*****Look at ATP 6-22.1 The Counseling Process
- Dig in to see if your counseling matches any of the types of counseling and/or correct content within the type of counseling

****Look at FM 6-22 Leader Development
- Defines types of leadership, lays out how a leader should conduct themselves and mentor soldiers

- Keywords: counterproductive, dynamic leadership (communicate), army team building, ineffective teams, learning environment, individual development plan, subordinate receptiveness to feedback, mentor roles and responsibilities, guided discovery learning techniques
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,030 • Replies: 1
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2022 01:55 pm
@sector2009,
Is there a question in this thread? Not sure you're sure that you know the purpose of able2know. It's very likely not what you think it is. This isn't a law firm specializing in employment law. In fact, according to the site's TOS:
Quote:
D. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. All of the services' content, including postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice, and no attorney/client privilege is to be inferred from any postings herein. Always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional with questions you have regarding a legal matter. You should not disregard professional legal advice because of something you have received from or read in the able2know service.

So? What kind of reaction are you wanting or needing to get from this post? I'm certain you ain't going to get any kind of legal or occupational satisfaction here.
0 Replies