0

How do I go about this in a respectful manner?

Meassi

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2022 03:54 pm
Hello Smile
I am in my 50's and have been dating men my whole life.
The last year however, I have noticed myself looking at women, noticing their beauty and speculating on how it would be to kiss a woman, snuggle with a woman, live with a woman. Romantic daydreaming, I guess.

I played around with my sexuality when I was 19, but I was more attracted to men in the end and have identified as straight.

I am spiritual and believe that identifying as something, is only a narrative and all interaction is love in some form, so it wouldn't really matter - it's the connection that matters.

Since I have been straight my whole life, I have no idea how to find dates, what to look for or how to assert myself into the world as a curious woman. I want to be respectful, but I do not know the unwritten rules of the world I am entering.

I have had lesbian friends in the past and they were very degrading in their talk of straight women suddenly going gay and I guess I am a little worried of being part of a subculture where I will be judged.

Any and all support, tips and ideas on how to approach this would be very welcomed. Thank you!