Eternal suffering is not literal.

kjw47

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2022 05:34 pm
Many blind guides that do not know God teach a literal eternal suffering. Lets see what the bible teaches about the true God and see if its literal.
Deut 32:4--All of Gods ways are justice, uncorruptable is Gods justice scales. He taught all perfect justice which he applies always= An eye for an eye.= perfect balance on Gods justice scales. Lets apply those scales to a literal eternal suffering.

On one side-70-100 years of a life of unrepented sins--- On the other side-Trillions x trillions x trillions of never ending years of eternal suffering as punishment.-- See any balance= NO.

Symbolism are the teachings of the NT about eternal suffering--- This is the value--As each new day dawns in Gods kingdom, those not allowed in miss each new day, miss each new day of Gods love, it never ends--likened to be an eternal suffering, because those traded 70-100 years of a sinful life and threw away-Trillions x trillions x trillions of never ending years in Gods kingdom. Not a good trade.

The true living God set before all-Deut 30:19--Life or death--both will be eternal.
Which teachers do you listen to?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 213 • Replies: 3
No top replies

The Anointed

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2022 07:48 pm
@kjw47,
Everyone must die once and their physical body return to the elements from which they were created while their disembodied spirit goes off into judgement. Then on the great day of Judgement, the SON OF MAN comes with his co-judges and divides the righteous disembodied spirits from the unrepentant wicked spirits.

Then to the righteous He will say, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world. Matthew 25: 31.

While to the unrepentant wicked He will say, "Away from me you who are under God's curse, away to the eternal fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels.

Or as said in Revelation 21: 6; And he said, “It is done! I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end. To anyone who is thirsty I will give the right to drink from the spring of the water of life without paying for it. Those who win the victory will receive this from me: I will be their God, and they will be my children. 8But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practise magic, those who worship idols, and all liars — the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

The death of the mind=spirit, the second death from which there is no return.

kjw47

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2022 08:53 am
@The Anointed,
The bible shows different-- Psalm 146:4--at the day of ones death-all thought does perish. Eccl 9:10-- All that your hands find todo do with your very power, for there is no work, nor devising,nor knowledge, nor wisdom in Sheol, the place to where you are going. Sheol= Hades= Grave.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2022 05:13 pm
@kjw47,
Quote:
Psalms 146: 4; When they die, they return to the dust; on that day all their plans come to an end.

Yep! His plans on Building that extra room have gone out the window and squaring up with that neighbour for poisoning his roses is then out of the question. Not much you can do with no body, all your plans come to an end.

Quote:
Ecclesiastes 12: 7; Our bodies will return to the dust of the earth, and the breath of life will go back to God, who gave it to us. Useless, useless, said the Philosopher. It is all useless.

From the book of Sirach, which is to be found in the Apocrypha of the Old Testament, coupled together with the book of Job, a number of the Psalms, Parables, Ecclesiastes, and the Wisdom of Solomon, all belong to the Hogmah or Wisdom Literature of the Hebrews, ‘Mashal’ means Similitude, parable, or proverb.----- In the book of Sirach, R, H, Charles translation chapter 47 verse 17, it is written concerning Solomon, “By thy songs, parables, dark speeches, and SATIRES, thou didst cause astonishment to the peoples etc.”

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die. I envy those who are dead and gone; they are better off than those who are still alive. But better off than either, are those who have never been born etc.

A man may have a hundred children and live a long time, but no matter how long he lives, if he does not get his share of happiness and does not receive a descent burial, then I say that a baby born dead is better off.

Man and animal receive the same ultimate reward, total oblivion, from the dust they came and to the dust they shall return. A wise man is no better off than a fool, the reward for doing good is the same as that for doing evil, so don’t be too good or too wise, Why kill yourself?

We are all going to our final resting place, and although life is useless, the conclusion of the matter is, if you live a religious life you may at least experience some peace in the short span of consciousness that has been allocated to you in this useless life. So go ahead and eat, drink and be merry, drink your wine and be cheerful. It’s all right with God. Enjoy your life with the woman you love, as long as you live the useless life that God has given you in this world. Enjoy every useless day of it, because that is all that you’ll get for all your troubles.

Never again will you take part in anything that happens in the world, because there will be no action, no thought, no knowledge, no wisdom in the world of the dead to where the righteous, the wicked, the wise and the fools, animal and man, are all going. For the living know that they are going to die, but the dead know nothing.

Solomon wrote four books and Solomon’s songs are found in his book, ‘SONG OF SONGS,’ his parables are found in his book of ‘PROVERBS’, his dark speeches are in the ‘WISDOM OF SOLOMON’ and who can read the negative and even depressing words from the book of ‘Ecclesiastes without realizing that here is the ‘SATRICAL’ work of Solomon, aimed at those people of the godless religion, who believed in neither life after death, or the resurrection from the dead.

If you believe Ecclesiastes to be the actual word of God and not the satirical work of Solomon. Then you can kiss goodbye to any hope of a resurrection. For never again will you take part in anything that happens in the world, because there will be no action, no thought, no knowledge, no wisdom in the world of the dead to where the righteous, the wicked, the wise and the fools, animal and man, are all going. For the living know that they are going to die, but the dead know nothing.

Ecclesiastes 3: 19-22; After all, the same fate awaits human beings and animals alike. One dies just like the other. They are both the same kind of creature. A human being is no better off than an animal, because life has no meaning for either. They are both going to the same place — the dust. They both came from it; they will both go back to it. How can anyone be sure that the human spirit goes upwards while an animal's spirit goes down into the ground? So I realized then that the best thing we can do is to enjoy what we have worked for. There is nothing else we can do. There is no way for us to know what will happen after we die.

Ecclesiastes 12: 7; Our bodies will return to the dust of the earth, and the breath of life will go back to God, who gave it to us. Useless, useless, said the Philosopher. It is all useless.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Eternal suffering is not literal.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:32:26