Windows 10 and Photoshop Elements Problem

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2022 06:45 pm
Operating System: Windows 10 (NT?)
Version: 6.2
System architecture: AMD CPU Family:15, Model:0, Stepping:1 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP
Built-in memory: 2048 MB
Free memory: 2048 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 1695 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 50 %
Image cache levels: 4
Use image cache for histograms: No
Serial number: 10574317226649478046
Application folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2\
Temporary file path: C:\Users\NE\AppData\Local\Temp\
Photoshop scratch has async I/O disabled
Scratch volume(s):
Startup, 930.78 GB, 819.80 GB free
Primary Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2\Plug-Ins\
Additional Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2\Plug-Ins\
Installed plug-ins:
3D Transform 2.0
ADM 2.84pe69 02.06.17-00:03:36h
ASDStrm 1.02x7 02.02.15-01:45:06h
Accented Edges 7.0
Acrobat TouchUp Image 7.0
Angled Strokes 7.0
Attach to E-mail 2.0x107
BMP 7.0
Bas Relief 7.0
Chalk & Charcoal 7.0
Charcoal 7.0
Chrome 7.0
Clouds 7.0
Color Halftone 7.0
Color Variations 2.0
Colored Pencil 7.0
CompuServe GIF 2.0
Conditional Mode Change 2.0
Contact Sheet 2.0
Conté Crayon 7.0

Pardon me while I (again) say nasty things about MS Windows 10 . . . !

What now? When editing a photo in PhotoshopElements (for example, using the magnetic lassor tool), the screen will suddenly "jerk" -- and the tool will "complete itself" even though I'm not done with the draw.

Please: Anyone have any information about what the problem is and how to stop this from happening?

Thank you. Appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 200 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PoliteMight

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2022 11:16 am
@PilgrimHiker,
Your using a 2002 program on an operating system from 2016. That is a joke.
Might as well download the entire CS2 lineup which is free online. Your on the east coast I would not mind selling you a copy or even giving you some updated programs. Point being is that your bound to have problems. I know I did when I was using Photoshop 7 and my hardware setup was suckie ( art wise ) at the time.

I would set you up with whatever adobe product, only thing is that I would have make some changes to your computer. The only problem is that you would not be able to officially be apart of the Adobe club which has many perks. Many creators get better directions from using various adobe services.
That is the only reason why I would pay a membership fee to access their programs. Like me paying my website bill, so I could have some dignity rather then using services from Google or Yahoo.

You have only 4Gigs of memory and only allowing photoshop to access 1Gig
I have 32gigs and scratch space of 50Ggigs or more.

All windows since 2000 are NT. Non-NT windows ended with Windows ME, 98se, and 95 winter ( which is really 98 ).

I do not care about your CPU all that matters nowadays is that your rocking over 4.Gigs in terms of processing power. Mine is 3.XX. Also make sure it is a i7 at least. i5 might be okay. Nowadays most programs/apps wants the i series or above. Get whatever AMD variant. Processor speed matters......!!!

You should not cut and paste your serial number

Do you have an SSD drive ? Everything needs to be SSD nowadays. Only use regular Hard drives for storage never for scratch disks or where the program launches from. I do not care make sure it is SSD. Take a job washing cars for all I care.

What resolution is your startup documents most of the time ( workpsace size )
Usually I use paper-size and jump to 600dpi nowadays. I prefer to work with 4800dpi in the past, but I realize I could do more with less
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Windows 10 and Photoshop Elements Problem
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:52:33