Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on stage before a lecture

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2022 06:24 pm
Alright, so do we all have to be guarded everywhere we go. Our children and grandchildren practice active shooter drills..........Salman Rushdie was condemned to death 33 years ago by the Theocracy leader....thank you religious zealots.

Details so far is that the victim Rushdie has an injured liver, may lose an eye and is on a ventilator.......this is because he offended a 'religious' leader. Now we find out that FBI personnel have been targeted for basically doing their jobs.....it is frigging embarrassing that everyone needs an armed guard to protect themselves from the unimaginably stupid people who believe everything ugly that has ever been mentioned and want to retaliate to protect 'freedoms' that have not REALLY been violated.

I sincerely hope that Mr Rushdie survives successfully from this recent obscene attack.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 311 • Replies: 3
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2022 07:41 pm
Not much else one can say. I hope he survives to live out his life. Likely they won't give up if he survives.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2022 08:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
No, they won't give up. The only thing religious zealots enjoy is their permission to hate so-called 'non-believers' and commit outrageous violence when they feel like it. They freeking love it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2022 05:34 pm
I question the degree and sincerity of the beliefs of the attacker.

Salman Rushdie is a very good writer and a very good story teller. He is an international treasure.

We need to figure out a way to identify and treat the dangerously mentally ill in this country. What little we have now is not working, thank-you Ronald Reagan.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on stage before a lecture
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 09:10:11