What are your plans for Labor Day weekend?

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:14 am
Just need some good thoughts about what other people are doing and how they are enjoying their time off... since I know I will have the biggest headache EVER that weekend.

We're going to anchorage, alaska Sept 2nd and coming back Sep5th. Our flight back is at a ridiculous A.M hour, so I don't know how we'll stay away, and with only a 50 min. break in-between stops, poor little Maltese will be going crazy. That's not enough time in such a big airport to let her outside to potty. Sigh. When I'm rushing her, she won't go on her potty pad either. She just knows I WANT HER to go, so she won't. ...she's half cat I always say.

Our other dog will go to the vet for the weekend. They're really good to her and she goes on 3 walks a day, and they brush her once a day, so... what more could we ask for. Oh yeah, and comes back with a horrible barking habit she got from all the other dogs, so that's something to look forward to. /sarcasm

Oh, we're going there to look and buy a home.

How about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 763 • Replies: 17
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:18 am
when is labor day weekend?
did i miss it?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:20 am
Is it already almost Sept!!! Holy sh*t!!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:22 am
lol, okay it's a few weeks ahead, but I guess I always assume that when there's a 4 day coming up ...everyone starts making plans ahead of time. Wink

September 2nd (Friday) ...that weekend.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:25 am
Joahaeyo
Joahaeyo wrote:
lol, okay it's a few weeks ahead, but I guess I always assume that when there's a 4 day coming up ...everyone starts making plans ahead of time. Wink

September 2nd (Friday) ...that weekend.

What is attracting you to live in Alaska?

BBB
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:30 am
Husband got orders there a few weeks ago (for October). Compared to his other duty assignment choices, this looks like Hawaii to us. The only downfall we've heard from other people ...surprisingly isn't how cold it is, but how expensive it is to live there. A nice house that isn't in a crowded/made a century ago/ugly/low-rent neighborhood STARTS at $240,000. A townhome is a little cheaper so we'll be going that route.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:32 am
Joahaeyo
Joahaeyo wrote:
Husband got orders there a few weeks ago. Compared to his other duty assignment choices, this looks like Hawaii to us. The only downfall we've heard from other people ...surprisingly isn't how cold it is, but how expensive it is to live there. A nice house that isn't in a crowded/made a century ago/ugly/low-rent neighborhood STARTS at $240,000. A townhome is a little cheaper so we'll be going that route.

And then there are the earthquakes.

BBB Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:39 am
and 6months of sun
followed by 5 months of NO sun
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:57 am
I have a friend who once lived in Anchorage. I was living in Vt at the time. In winter, we were often colder than he was. We also had more daylight. In the summer Anchorage has about 5 hours between sunset and sunrise, in the winter they have about 5 hours between sunrise and sunset.

Labor Day weekend for us is only 3 days. Kids have school on Friday and Mr B and I both work. We have a tradition of getting together with friends for a bbq on Sunday or Monday, depending on weather, alternating homes each year. This year is our turn to host.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 12:04 pm
Joahaeyo wow - what a change you are in for change. You cannot get base officer housing there?
We'll be praying for you in the no sun times, it's bad enough here being 49' North. Well on the bright side I think this is the year day-light saving time is extended so you get a little extra waking light.
0 Replies

labmouse

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 12:12 pm
Wow, my husband would love to live in Alaska.

I'm not ready to move cross country, tho. Wink

For Labor day weekend, we'll be spending a good part of it at the Jersey Shore. I wish we could stay longer, but you take what you can get.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 12:46 pm
$240,000 - that's a bargain around here. You are lucky to even get a two-bedroom condo for that amount around here.

We will be ending our vacation and flying home that weekend. Since my daughter starts first grade right after Labor Day we will also be making sure she is all set for the first day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 12:57 pm
$240,000 is starter housing here now Shocked and you'd be lucky to get a place to park your car with that.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 01:37 pm
240,000 is a good size house with a law here :
http://www.chadsaustinhomes.com/silver_listingDetail.asp?ID=184837

this would sell for 250-300,000 in austin
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 01:50 pm
That's a beautiful house shewolf! I don't want to know how much a house like that is in Anchorage. I always said I would never live in Dallas due to cost of living, and here we are moving to somewhere more expensive but you get a lot less for your money.

BTW, I MISS TX SO MUCH!!! I DO NOT miss the weather. ...partially because we get equally hot weather here plus more humidity (than where we lived in tx). ...but I get all excited when I see other people here from TX. Mr. Joah will try to look for a job in San Antonio or Austin if he gets out a few years from now.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 02:09 pm
Jo here some forsale bu owner fsbo
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 02:10 pm
here's a pending sale in your price range
$180,000 home
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 02:18 pm
Thanks for the website! Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What are your plans for Labor Day weekend?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:50:21