Lost Desktop Calendar Gadget

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2022 03:01 pm
PC / Windows 10 :
In Windows 7, I had a three-month calendar tucked in the upper right corner of the desktop screen; since it's been there for years, I have no recollection of where I found it; is there some way to locate it in my system? There's nothing found in Win10's "apps" version of All Programs. I transferred to Win10 earlier this month, and now the calendar is stuck on July 31.

Some comments online regarding a similar situation talk about right-click on the desktop, then click on Gadgets . . . no "gadgets" listing shows up when I right-click, so I have no idea what those folk are talking about.

Related: Every now and then I see a comment about something instructing to "click on the sidebar" . . . which means nothing to me; what are they talking about . . . since MS's goal with Win10 clearly was to NOT retain any of previous simplicity, but create an entirely "new and exciting" (and time-wasting) relearning curve merely to repeat what one did in previous versions. Go figure.

Any info / assistance with the calendar issue much appreciated. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 179 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PilgrimHiker

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2022 09:49 pm
@PilgrimHiker,

Thanks to all!

As I've been futzing around attempting sort this out, I decided (for whatever reason I have no idea) to take a look at Webshots, which I have loaded on as my wallpaper function . . . and as I poked around in there, guess what I found? In addition to my most favorite pix, I had at some moment lost back in the mists of computer time checked the box "Display calendar on Desktop" . . . where it had been obediently sitting with the little date highlight jumping from number to number through all those weary days of my life . . . until Windows 10 came along, and Webshots got its back up and said "I'm freezing!".

So, a simple, mere unchecking of a box has removed the offending used-to-work calendar from view, and All Of Life Is Now Good!

Appreciate y'all helping sort this out.

END OF STORY.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Lost Desktop Calendar Gadget
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:59:38