Need help finding a dress!

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 08:30 am
I am going to a wedding in a month and cannot find a dress. It is a somewhat casual wedding as the reception is at a farm. The wedding isat a church so not too casual. I am looking for something similar to what I wore to the last 2 weddings I went to (both within the last yr). I have looked everywhere online that I could find. Macy's, Nordstom, Bloomingdales etc...Even Shein and Amazon among others. I did order one I thought looked ok from a cheap china store(that's how desperate I am) and it was horrible. (even had really good reviews). Apparently, I can't go by the reviews. Did not fit right at all, was super thin and complete wrinkles. I'd like to find something from an actual store online, not china.

I am looking for something that is short sleeve, not too short or tight of a sleeve since I have broad shoulders and slighty bigger arms, with a round neck,, a waist(A-line?) and about ankle length. I am 5'4", so it has to look like it comes to the ankle or a bit shorter. About 52" - 53" long so it is ankle length or just a bit shorter than ankle on me. Everything I've seen online is either to short and tight of a sleeve, too low cut, v-neck, too short, way too long, too loud(ugly), thin and,see through or just cheap looking. It shouldn't be this hard to find something. I just got lucky with the dress I wore to the other weddings, that it actually fit, sleeve was not tight, just came to the floor on me and was not wrinkled at all when I got it. I just want a really good quality, basic, simple short sleeve long dress that hopefully is not too thin and see through and does not wrinkle. Got other dress from Amazon, but that was pure luck that it worked for me. Besides looking online, I have been to every store near me and nothing.

Any suggestions of a specific dress or real stores to look at online would be appreciated. Thanks!
Here is a photo of the dress I wore to the other weddings. BTW, this is a photo of the model on Amazon, not me.
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 340 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Kathy642

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 09:34 am
No suggestions?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 09:52 am
@Kathy642,
Check Coldwater Creek special events column. Maybe you will see something there.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 10:04 am
@glitterbag,
Sid's Sacks have a great offer on burlap right now.
0 Replies

Kathy642

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 11:03 am
I checked Cold water creek and nothing. Any other suggestions, as I am desperate to find something as quick as possible.
0 Replies

Kathy642

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 02:58 pm
Other suggestions?
RPhalange

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 05:07 pm
@Kathy642,
Since you like your other two dresses so much why not wear one of those?
0 Replies

Kathy642

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2022 07:39 am
I only have one dress which I've worn to the last 2 family weddins, both in the last year. I need something different since this next wedding is another family wedding. If it were a wedding with different people and none of my family, I would wear it again, but not only did I wear it twice with family, I'm in photos with the bride and groom wearing the same dress.
RPhalange

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2022 12:03 pm
@Kathy642,
Sorry I read it wrong - I thought you said you had 2 dresses that you had worn - but it was two weddings/one dress! My bad.
0 Replies

Kathy642

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2022 12:18 pm
Yes, one dress that I wore to 2 weddings. I can't wear it again to a third family wedding. I need to find a different dress and soon, but not having any luck.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2022 08:59 am
@Kathy642,
Have you tried Talbots? The site is varied but they do have a section on 'occasions' and 'maybe just dresses', but it might be worthwhile to check there. Plus the selection is always changing, maybe not as quickly as you would like, but it does get updated.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Need help finding a dress!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:29:41