My Sharp Roku TV

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:27 am
This TV is two or three years old. Worked perfectly until the other day. It has taken to the sound being overridden or at least competing with the regular sound of a woman speaking. It's always the same voice and no other sound but hers, keeping me from hearing the programs. When the TV is not set on live TV the unwanted voice still speaks. Switch to Roku or other, the voice is still there. It can't be picking up from another device in the house, such as a radio because there is none in use. Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 360 • Replies: 10
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:28 am
@edgarblythe,
CB radio?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:30 am
@izzythepush,
I've been thinking maybe.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 09:57 am
@edgarblythe,
Maybe call your provider and ask what you can do.
jcboy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 10:07 am
@Mame,
Yes I think that is his best bet, he's getting some interference from another device.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 11:26 am
I took the TV down and brought back the non Roku model I had been using. It's working perfectly, with no intruding voices. Gets better reception too.
engineer

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 12:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
Things to try:

- Use the TV tuner on various stations. Do you hear the voice? Do you hear it on all channels? Testing to see if your TV is picking up a certain wavelength of transmission
- Disconnect WiFi. Do you still hear the voices? Trying to isolate the source
- Do the voices sound live (like something a baby monitor would pick up) or recorded (like a broadcast news show)? Looking for local interference vs a more global source.
- Are you using an antenna to pull in local stations? What happens if you disconnect the antenna? Again, local vs global
engineer

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 12:02 pm
@engineer,
Here is a link describing chatty Roku's who have the "screen reader" accessibility function turned on. Turns out it is easy to turn on accidentally.

https://www.techhive.com/article/579228/how-to-stop-your-roku-player-from-talking.html
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 12:21 pm
@engineer,
I tried searching for this information for nearly an hour. None of the sites I went to recognized my problem. You probably nailed it, but I may just continue using my non Roku instead, because it doesn't need me to adjust the antenna more than once a day. I just use a cheap antenna.
PoliteMight

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2022 09:38 am
@edgarblythe,
It is a display with a tuner-box and computer inside that is being called a tv.
I use it for
Channels
hooking up my AV equipment including computer.
OLED is the best way to go as far as I know.

The way I see it no Amazon bs inside is way better then having this bs inside.
I do not need a computer inside to run apps. I need a seperate computer for that.

They have flats that are clear, and slim why not try that ???
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2022 02:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
I retired the ROKU. The other TV is Insignia. The screen is smaller, but the speakers are much better. It was always a struggle to understand programs before. I always blamed it on myself, but now I know better.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My Sharp Roku TV
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:10:11